SNAPSHOT OF THE SECOND NRL QUALIFYING FINAL:
* Result: Melbourne 36 bt Parramatta 24 at Suncorp Stadium.
* Key moment: Kenny Bromwich's offload sent Justin Olam into the clear and he released Melbourne speedster Ryan Papenhuyzen to score in the 33rd minute which cancelled out Parramatta's early 12-0 lead. Papenhuyzen would go on to inspire the Storm's victory.
* Key stat: Papenhuyzen clocked up 225 running metres in an all-action display that broke the game apart. As well as scoring two tries himself, the fullback set up two more and had a hand in everything the Storm did well.
* Injuries/suspensions: Parramatta lost wingers Maika Sivo and Blake Ferguson to knee injuries while Melbourne five-eighth Cameron Munster also failed to finish the match after re-injuring his heavily strapped right knee. Eels backrower Marata Niukore was placed on report in the first half for a crusher tackle and faces at least a two-game ban if charged.
* What's next? Melbourne enjoy next week off before playing in a preliminary final at Suncorp Stadium. The Eels host the winner of the elimination final between South Sydney and Newcastle at either Bankwest or ANZ Stadiums.
* They said it: "Pretty incredible effort if I might say so. We may not get the acknowledgment of those stats but we're really pleased and really happy to be in another prelim final." - Melbourne skipper Cameron Smith after his team reached a grand-final qualifier for the sixth-straight season.