Advertisement

Will Smith Wraps Filming “Bad Boys 4” with Martin Lawrence: 'Nothin' But Magic Every Time I'm with My Guy'

The new film arrives in theaters on June 7

<p>Eric Charbonneau/Getty</p> Will Smith and Martin Lawrence in Los Angeles

Eric Charbonneau/Getty

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence in Los Angeles

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are headed back to the big screen!

The two Bad Boys actors have officially “WRAPPED” shooting for the fourth film in the franchise, Smith, 55, confirmed on Monday.

“WRAPPED! Nothin’ but Magic every time I’m with my guy. See y’all June 7 for @BADBOYS 4!!,” Smith captioned an Instagram photo of himself and Lawrence, 58, standing together near the Centennial Wheel at Chicago’s Navy Pier.

The original Bad Boys movie premiered in 1995, with Smith starring as Mike Lowrey, and Lawrence as Marcus Burnett — two Miami detectives who investigated drug trafficking and other crimes.

Kyle Kaplan Will Smith and Martin Lawrence
Kyle Kaplan Will Smith and Martin Lawrence

The blockbuster spawned a franchise, with Bad Boys II following in 2003, and Bad Boys for Life in 2020.

Related: 'Bad Boys' : Where Is the Cast of the Hit Original Now?

Though there had been much discussion about a possible new film throughout the years, on Jan. 31, 2023, the actors confirmed the rumors in a now-viral video.

In the clip, Smith filmed himself saying that he had “an announcement,” before getting in a car and driving himself to an undisclosed location.

While en route, he gave viewers a “hint” by putting on the song "Shake Ya Tailfeather" by Nelly, Diddy and Murphy Lee, which appeared on the Bad Boys II soundtrack.

Once the I Am Legend actor arrived, he walked up to the door of a home and knocked before the Blue Streak alum answered excitedly.

"It's about that time!"

"It's official, y'all," Smith continued, confirming production on the fourth film. "Bad boys for life, baby!"

During the video, the two jokingly came to the realization that they should not have named the third film Bad Boys for Life because they could have saved that title for the fourth installment.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Since then, the duo has been spotted in different cities, including Atlanta and Miami, filming the soon-to-be-released movie.

In April 2023, Smith and Lawrence appeared via video at CinemaCon, sharing that they couldn't appear in person at the Las Vegas event because they were four weeks into filming the sequel.

According to Variety, Lawrence joked, "We're not sorry we couldn't be there."

<p>Romain Maurice/Getty</p> Martin Lawrence and Will Smith

Romain Maurice/Getty

Martin Lawrence and Will Smith

Smith added, "We glad we not there because we here and they're paying us to be here.” He also said that they were "hype" and "excited" for Bad Boys 4.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air actor had also missed out on the chance to perform at the 2023 Grammy Awards for the show's 50th anniversary of hip-hop tribute performance due to filming.

"I'll give the spoiler alert away. Will Smith was a part of the festivities tonight, but they started shooting Bad Boys 4 this week,"  Questlove told Variety on the red carpet. "There were a lot of preliminary shots that he had to do, so we had to lose Will."

The production had previously been delayed several months by 2023's SAG-AFTRA strike, which ran from July to November 2023.

Bad Boys 4 also stars Vanessa Hudgens, Melanie Liburd, Alexander Ludwig, Paola Núnez, Jacob Scipio, Eric Dane and Ioan Gruffudd.

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.