Scone meeting postponed 24 hours

Racing at Scone has been put back a day with dangerous conditions forecast for areas of NSW affected by bushfires.

After originally clearing Tuesday's meeting to go ahead, Racing NSW stewards have postponed it until Wednesday.

"After taking further advice and reviewing the updated catastrophic weather forecast for tomorrow in the Greater Upper Hunter area, Racing NSW has determined that for the safety of all participants and horses the Scone meeting scheduled for tomorrow will not proceed and has been postponed until Wednesday, 13th November 2019," Racing NSW said.

The switch means a number of riding changes because Hawkesbury is racing on the same day.

The apprentice only race at Scone will now be open to all available riders.

While conditions in NSW are expected to worsen on Tuesday, calmer weather is expected in Queensland where around 50 fires are burning.