Page 5 of 5
Sort By:
Newest First
Oldest First
vismyr
19 Jul 2009

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Sun 28 Aug 2011 10:17
Absolutely Tim...savour the victory. It was a fantastic occasion (Lang Park is such a great stadium), and your team really delivered for fans, playing an incredible 40 mins of Rugby, which won them the game. So full credit...enjoy your day:-)

Hopefully we'lll see you again at the World Cup!
Bish
26 Jun 2009

Posted Sun 28 Aug 2011 12:39
Well have to say Well Done Wallabies,
Absolutely deserved the Win they played fantastic, especially the first 40 minutes.

Absolutely gutted to have lost the Tri Nations but you have to give credit to the only team that really put everything into winning it.

They certainly turned up to the game, from that first turnover in the first minute with great intensity at the breakdown. Brilliant, and really taught the All Blacks a lesson.

Well Done, Congrats to you Aussie brats :)
Grist
28 May 2010

Posted Sun 28 Aug 2011 12:50
Ado, the Wallabies have a good team, but there were some worrying issues. The WB line-out looked disorganised without Sharpe. This has been a recurent pattern. Quade Blooper gets involved in petty personal feuds and high risk flashy play that should not be allowed in finals. The WBs clearly ran out of juice in the second half. They did not rest any of their players in this 3N after the extended Super. Now they still need to go 8 weeks in the WC. I am not sure they are going to last. 

Riddler the All Blacks must be worried and not just about your knock knees. You cannot put two props to defend in front of Genia. Genia simply picked up the ball and stepped past those props like a dream, both for his own try and the one that Beale scored. Dan Carter - did he play?  ABs have a major problem at scrum half. Just nobody in the league of Fourie or Genia. Richie - he is still good, but Brussow and Pocock is one step ahead of him now. McCaw has unfortunately attracted special attention from referees and that is inhibiting his play severely. Plus Q Blooper is beating him up at every game.

The Southern Ocean Twin Idiots are again bleating about theirs being the best two teams in the world. Of course the Springboks has been written off. Well you blinkered sheep afficianos, the Defending Champions will kick your sorry butts come the WC with some sparkling rugby from the mighty legends of rugby in glorious South Africa. Go Bokke!!!
mattack
28 Mar 2010

Posted Sun 28 Aug 2011 13:20
I heard that South Africa will be watching video's of other countries playing to see how to score tries before the World Cup!
zaq77
12 Mar 2009

Posted Sun 28 Aug 2011 16:22

Well done Wallies, you beat the All Blacks, and played a really good game and showed us again, it could be done, but even more so, you playing the A squad ! The All Blacks looked pretty rattled in the first half, and looked like they had put all their energy into the haka, and had nothing left for the rest of the game !! 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
Fact of the matter and you know this is Australia has two sides. The one that plays at home and uses the crowd and the one that plays away and is very fragile when put under pressure. We saw that team 3 weeks ago>>>>>>>>

Riddler, tell me which team isn't guilty of this?  Were not the All Blacks guilty of being fragile under pressure? Both in South Africa, and again in Brisbane, they were shown up, hence the two losses, and these losses will put a  dent into their psyhce, whether you admit it or not ! They know they can be beaten, and so will the rest of the WC teams, so the respect for them has plummeted somewhat, haka or no haka ! Yes they will have the home advantage, but this could also work against them, as the pressure to win on home soil is greater, the fans like yourself expect it, and the All Blacks are just as fragile as any other team when it comes to pressure, if not more so, question is ... will they again need a team of psycologists on standby if any losses occur ?!!
Grist
28 May 2010

Posted Sun 28 Aug 2011 19:10
Zaqq you are a genius. You have it all sorted out. What is more, no home team has won the WC except the magnificent SBs. Just ask Australia, England and France if it helped them any to play at home. WC lasts 8 weeks and the overseas teams have more than enough time to settle down. The ABs cannot rely on the home game factor.

The WBs will suffer at the WC. Their weakness have been found. The WBs have a monster pack - heavier than the SB and AB packs. You can use that against them - start at a cracking pace and chase them all over the field until they sweat blood. It was clear on Saturday that the WB forwards were sucking air after half time. Nobody in the WB team was rested at all during the 3N. Although it enabled them to win the 3N cup, it will cost them in the WC. The heavies will run out of juice in any fast paced game.

My prediction is that opposing teams will chase the heavy WB forwards all over the field to tire them out, then put in the sword. 

vismyr
19 Jul 2009

Posted Sun 28 Aug 2011 20:57
Grist...what are you on about? The All Blacks hosted and won the inaugural tournament in 1987. Four years later England co-hosted the tournament, losing in the final at Twickenham. Your beloved Boks hosted and won the tournament in 1995. It wasn't until the 1999 cup that the principal host, Wales didn't make or win the final. Four years later, Australia benefited from the home ground advantage, making the final and only losing in Extra time. France hosted the last world cup and beat the favourites in the QF, then only lost to England by five points in the semis. Facts are facts mate...hosts traditionally make the final at the Rugby World Cup.
Grist
28 May 2010

Posted Mon 29 Aug 2011 17:45
Fishmonger, you just confirmed my point. Few home teams have won the WC. Most home teams reach the finals, but that is usually due to silly draws against minows. This year the ABs need to get past the SBs to get to the final. That will not be easy, as the SBs is one of the major contenders, even the favourites in my book.

Kiwis moan bitterly about the AB tactics used in the first half. The ABs actually used the correct tactics IMO. The plan was obviously to spread the ball wide and run the heavy WB pack too exhaustion in the first hafl. But the ABs did not execute it well due to recurrent handling errors, allowing the WB to pile up the points in the first half. By the second half the WBs were sucking air as planned and the ABs were in control, but the WBs were so far ahead on points that the ABs were not able to overtake them.  
Zedds
27 Feb 2011

Posted Mon 29 Aug 2011 19:56
All bets off now, next challenge will be France in the pool match.

Allblacks only have to up the intensity a fraction to improve on Saturdays effort and that is garanteed.

Grist you are absolutely right, the Boks are a threat, they have a game plan that can squeeze out the opposition and a goal kicker who can slot them from halfway. To not consider them is naive. They will be under dogs should they face us and that is a good place to be. a game against the Boks can be a battle of attrition and will be a tough challenge.

Any complacency has been removed from the Allblacks game after the weekend and I am confident in a big improvement. The only concern is the possible loss of Read and Thompson. Hopefully they will feature although it is looking unlikely for Thompson who hyperextended his elbpw early in the match.
Vito came on and led the tackle and ruck stats so there is a positive.
Tim S
09 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 29 Aug 2011 22:31
Zedds,The loss on the W/E might be a good thing for the Black.Complacency wont be an issue and that's probably a good thing from your point of view.One thing i did notice with some of the NZ media and a few supporters was the (and rightly so)constant reference to the record of win's and easy success,notably the last few years but a few losses on the trot will reignite the fire in the belly.
I heard that Read's injury wasn't too bad and he is crucial,Thompson can be replaced but there aren't that many quality 8's in NZ atm.Vito and Kaino are quality replacements.
RiDdLeR
28 Apr 2010

Posted Mon 29 Aug 2011 23:21
Tim, Read is looking ok. He might even be up for the Tonga game but with an easy opponent first up he might be given an extra week to get right. Thomson is not looking so good. To me this is not such a bad thing as Vito and Kaino are far better options IMO. Still what I said just after the squad was announced about them picking one less front rower and one more loosie is not looking stupid now. The AB squad is down to 3 healthy loosies now and the world cup hasnt started yet
Zedds
27 Feb 2011

Posted Tue 30 Aug 2011 05:57

Read (high ankle sprain) and Thomson (inside elbow) suffered the injuries in the All Blacks' final Tri-Nations test, a 25-20 loss to Australia in Brisbane on Saturday night, and received MRI scans in Christchurch yesterday on their return to New Zealand.

''Kieran has torn the ligament between the tibia and fibula at the front of his left ankle and while it's still early days in his recovery, with aggressive rehabilitation we are aiming to have him available to play near the end of the round robin,'' All Blacks doctor Deb Robinson said.

''Adam's MRI scan shows some swelling around the inside of his elbow which should settle quickly. He also has some deep bruising to his upper arm and while it's difficult to know how long that will take to settle, we are hoping he will be ready for selection for the All Blacks' second round robin match against Japan.''

In other words they are doubtful. A guy of Reads size is going to find it tough to get 100% out of ligament damage in the short term.
Bish
26 Jun 2009

Posted Tue 30 Aug 2011 06:06
hmmm not great news regarding Read. He could be as late as Canada and being a leg injury I can't see how he can maintain any real high end fitness. Its like a month of rest.

We had the worst run of bad luck last cup losing the 2 best 10's in the world in one game, I hope we are not struck with the same.

We need everyone at 100%, Thompson showed in the weekend that if your not right we can't afford for you to be on the field.
RiDdLeR
28 Apr 2010

Posted Tue 30 Aug 2011 11:41
Hmmm. Henry said the Read thing wasnt a serious injury injury yesterday and that he was a chance to play in the opener. Guess his doctoring skills are not quite up to his coaching skills. 

Is there any precedent for swapping a player after the squad has been announced but before the world cup starts in the case of an injury that will rule that player out of the world cup? If so, might be a good move to cut Thomson
Tim S
09 Oct 2008

Posted Tue 30 Aug 2011 19:19
You were probably right about Henry making a few selection mistakes Ridds.Too many props and they are now looking like a few loosies short . Messum may well be in-line for a call up but that means blowin' Thompson off even though his injury seems less serious than Reads and he could probably still play in a few weeks.
Bit of a conundrum there.
tra...

Posted Wed 31 Aug 2011 07:01

I think the rules are the same now [after squad named but before event starts] as they are when games begin: you can replace and new player can't play for 48 hours-at least according to the reading of the ruling I heard given on radio sport.
Loosies vs front row etc will always be a gamble-if we had two props injured in Saturdays game, we would be saying how smart it was of henry to have an extra front rower. Plus easier to sub a lock into loosie -as shown on saturday-than into the front row.
There's no doubt the loss on saturday has upped the tension level here in NZ -which is great for the game[s]-Go the #$%$39;s!

Dave
kip
22 Aug 2009

Posted Wed 31 Aug 2011 07:49

Good point David

There are some big packs heading your way

If the SH teams believe that the touch rugby of the tri nations will suffice - they will be in for a big shock.

The physicality of England, France, Samoa, Argentina, Italy etc will have a big influence on the WC

kip

RiDdLeR
28 Apr 2010

Posted Wed 31 Aug 2011 08:45
If the SH teams believe that the touch rugby of the tri nations will suffice - they will be in for a big shock.

The physicality of England, France, Samoa, Argentina, Italy etc will have a big influence on the WC
=======================

ROTFLMAO! Touch rugby? HAHAHA. Physicality? HAHAHA 

Now you might beat up on a team like Aussie with inferior forwards. Something England does with great efficiency. But when it comes to physicality the #$%$39;s are the toughest in the business and the only shock coming the way of the NH teams is how tries and quality backs are also going to be need to win the WC.
ado tornado

Posted Wed 31 Aug 2011 09:35
Yup, I reckon Englands dusting at the hands of Wales gives us all something to be frightened of Kip. 

Correct me if I'm wrong Riddles but want the last last time (as in last year) the All Blacks ventured into the Northern Hemisphere a Grand Slam?

I'm sure the malnourished New Zealand forwards are quaking in their boots about having to play these guys again....On home soil.

One other thing Rids, after the last two outings even you have to admit this current Wallas pack is the best we have put on the park in over a decade. 

Which interestingly enough is the last time we won a fairly significant tournament. 

Tim S
09 Oct 2008

Posted Thu 01 Sep 2011 21:55
Kurtly Beale player of the year for OZ.
Well deserved,Well played mate.
Pat McCabe Rookie of the year.
Samo,Try of the year.
GO WALLABIES
RiDdLeR
28 Apr 2010

Posted Fri 02 Sep 2011 14:32
Correct me if I'm wrong Riddles but wasnt the last last time (as in last year) the All Blacks ventured into the Northern Hemisphere a Grand Slam?
-------------------

Yep, 2010 Grand Slam.....2008 Grand Slam....2005 Grand Slam. Last 3 grand slam attempts we have won all game. In 2008 didnt have a try scored against us. The only defeat we have had against a NH opponent in the last 8 years is France twice. In 2009 against a McCaw and Carterless All Black pack and in 2007 when the incompetence of Wayne Barnes and an untimely injury to Carter and Evans saw us go down. Needless to say when Carter plays 80 minutes against any NH side we win. 

I'm sure the malnourished New Zealand forwards are quaking in their boots about having to play these guys again....On home soil.
-------------------

They were quaking so much they measured on the richtoscale or so Kip would have you believe

One other thing Rids, after the last two outings even you have to admit this current Wallas pack is the best we have put on the park in over a decade. 
-------------------

I would have to agree with this. You can hold your own against the Springboks which you never really did on a consistent basis. Still your front row needs a damn lot of work  

Which interestingly enough is the last time we won a fairly significant tournament. 
-------------------

Last significant tournament you won was a week ago unless you consider the tri-nations insignificant
GaleForcePerth
31 Jul 2010

Posted Sat 03 Sep 2011 13:09
Glad you got 13 of your 15 Riddles. Well done mate.
RiDdLeR
28 Apr 2010

Posted Sat 03 Sep 2011 17:30
GALE! Hows it going buddy. Hope your joining the tipping. 
GaleForcePerth
31 Jul 2010

Posted Sat 03 Sep 2011 20:06
Been crazy busy for the last 10 months. Looking forward to RWC.

Which tipping comp? Details?
ForumsIn the ScrumWallabies All Blacks Game 2
Sign in to post and view your settings
New User? Sign up