Sort By:
    Newest First
    Oldest First
    kip
    22 Aug 2009

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Sat 23 Jun 2012 22:07
    Well 3rd Test today

England have faced a hurricane from the Boks in the first 2 tests and held up well.

Certainly England are inexperienced bushould be at 10t they have the makings of a good team.

Forwards are progressing well.

Weakness are the centres.

Toby Flood should be at 10  as Farrell lacks flair and passing skills at this stage.

Our backline is weak in the centres.  We need a world class ball playing centre to guide Tuilaga who is strong though still raw

Anyway - lets hope England can stuff the Boks

GO ENGLAND

kip
    Gibbs
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 24 Jun 2012 01:55

Hey there Kip. Mark.Gibbson here, as I use to be known as.

As a Crusaders fan, it's good to see Thomas the Tank Walrdrum still doing his thing. Kiwi captain too I see :P Unfortunately the English team don't look overly convincing, have to say Kip. Sadly, I think the English sink in the end, despite the contest being very close at half time.

As for the Springboks .. well, again Grist will come on here with some side show remark. "Springboks DOMINATE world rugby again, certain to be champions this year based on this". Boks have actually looked very weak in attack - their own commentators have pointed out that they have been going backwards. They have looked for the drop goal, and not been able to pull it off. Being out-scored in tries during the half by a Northern team thats rebuilding (no offense Kip) is nothing to be pleased about. If it were a Kiwi team, we'd be demanding more - and we did after the Irish us close. But oh no, I'm sure Grist will find some sort of spin to put on it.
    kip
    22 Aug 2009

Posted Sun 24 Jun 2012 02:57
    Hi Mark

Good to see you here again

I reckon England should have won this one

Farrell kicking from hand was so poor it cost us

England are getting better

Hey Grist and all you Southern Hemisphere supporters - we will be ready for you in November!!!!

kip
    K1sownboks

Posted Sun 24 Jun 2012 14:16
    Just finished watching all the three games.AllBlacks were outstanding tho it looked like Ireland had played their all, the week before will find it harder against the 4 nations sides. Wallabies didnt play to their potential but the signs were good against a valiant Welsh side and will be a threat come 4 nations. The Springboks(or Proteahs soon) were lucky that Flood went of IMO as England looked good, probably end up third in the 4nations ahead of wooden spooners Argentina. Congrats to the babyboks but jeez settle down Grist your team has won it ONCE in S.A also this is their first ever win lets see how they go outside the republic as just like the Springboks are weak outside their own country, i doubt they will defend it.
    Gibbs
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 24 Jun 2012 17:54

There was also the small little issue of the NZRU not letting our players from the Super 15 play in the Junior Worlds thing. Whereas the Boks had theirs. No fault of anyone elses, but I hope we don't do that again.

Of course, not making excuses, Grissey. heheheh
    Grist
    28 May 2010

Posted Sun 24 Jun 2012 21:20
    Hey Kip, I will give it to England - they deserved to win the third test. But only because the mighty Boks did not turn up for the game - after all they already clinched the series after two comfortable wins.
    Hougaard and Morne Steyn played very poorly. Hougaard just does not have the ability to read the game. Steyn lost his kicking boot and is not the best fly-half in RSA. Steyn was even booed by Springbok supporters after giving yet another aimless kick down the field.
    The SB pack was magnificent in the line-outs and scrums. England had no answer to the strenght and skill of the jumbo boys. England received one yellow card, but it was too late and should have been 3 yellow cards for blatant negative play. The england players could not take the brutal physical play of the RSA hard men.
    I put money on the Springboks winning the 4N this year!!
    kip
    22 Aug 2009

Posted Sun 24 Jun 2012 22:12

I disagree Grist about the England pack.  I reckon that they stood up well and even shaded the Bok powerhouse.

Either way this was an inexperienced England side who were clearly shocked by the intensity of the Boks in the first 2 tests.

They learned by the 3rd.

I belive the ABs are still well ahead of the Boks as regards the 4 Nations.

I was not impressed with the Wallabies and would suggest that they will find it tough against the Pumas to avoid the wooden spoon.

kip
    Grist
    28 May 2010

Posted Mon 25 Jun 2012 17:51
    Kip you must have been watching another game. The SBs dominated the line-outs and stole ball several times. In the second game England had a few good scrums, but in the third test the SBs had the upper hand in the scrums. England was blown up several times for scrumming infringements under pressure. England had no answer for the powerful Bok mauls. In the rucks England resorted to illegal tactics to remain competitive.   
    Mel
    08 Oct 2008

Posted Tue 03 Jul 2012 02:20
    Time to chat again.  I see Grist is still as bias as ever.  He criticizes the ABs for winning by 60 against Ireland as Ireland did not show up.  Yet the "mighty" Boks can't put away ENG in the first test.  A little double standard there I think.  Kip you made fair comments and ENG deserved the win against the "mighty" BOKS

Blessings

Mel
    kip
    22 Aug 2009

Posted Tue 03 Jul 2012 04:08

Good to see you back Mel

It has been a bit lonely on here of late

I certainly hope that the new England set up is not another false dawn but either way plenty to talk about especially the November tests

kip
    Mel
    08 Oct 2008

Posted Tue 03 Jul 2012 05:16
    Kip,

I got off because of all the advertising on here.  However, it looks like that is gone.  It looks like England have some good young prospects coming into the ranks.  South Africa looked pretty strong as well.  Grist might have overstated his case though.  The ABs also have so good young talent coming through.  It is going to be interesting to see how things work out in all teams.

Blessings

Mel
    Mel
    08 Oct 2008

Posted Tue 03 Jul 2012 07:05
    Hey Grist, I noticed that when the BOKS win they are mighty and when they loose then the other side are cheats. That is hilarious LMAO
    Grist
    28 May 2010

Posted Tue 03 Jul 2012 20:17
    Hey Mel,
    You are still as anti-Bok as ever I am sorry to say.
    Your beloved ABs is solid as always, but not unfallible. McCaw is not the player he once were. Dan the Man is more at home on the injury list. Without those players the ABs are an average team and suspect to a hiding. PIs are taking over the AB brand, masquarading as an Nz team! Next the 'Samoan' will want to pose as a Nz Super team.
    The Wallabies are going from bad to worse. Robbie Deans will be made out as the scape goat, but we all know where the problem is. The Australian Super teams are sliding down the ladder so fast that a crash landing can be the only expectation. How long these pretenders will be able to maintain the farce is anybodies guess. The only team performing well is the Brumbies - guess who is the coach? Jake White - South Africa's world champion coach of course.
    Whao! The SBs are dynamite and set to dominate world rugby again. They have a new coach and new youngsters are burning the grass. The great thing about RSA teams is that it is pure RSA beef. No PIs, League or other undesirable types. The type of game the SBs played against England is very promising. They rubbished the best of England. I expect the SBs to win the 4N this year.
    Mel
    08 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 04 Jul 2012 12:18
    Grist,

Don't be so dopey mate.  I respect the BOKS as our greatest adversary on the field.  Your comments on the other had are laughable.  What was the score in the last test against ENG for the mighty BOKS.  Oh that's right, ENG won.  What was the score for the last test for the ABs against IRE - 60-0 without Dan Carter.  That doesn't look too bad.  Of course I am just looking at the results and I am sure that you will point out that I am missing something.  

On on another note, good to be back and I am glad to see that you are still the bias supporter of the BOKS as I am of the ABs.  

Blessings

Mel

ps Of course I make more sense than you do Grist
    Grist
    28 May 2010

Posted Wed 04 Jul 2012 14:50
    Hey Mel, England did not win a single game against the SBs. In the last test the SBs has already clinched the series and they simply took foot of the peddle a bit. Their new coach Heynecke Meyer is very good and will be much better than the previous legend PdV.
    That imposter Mitchell was send packing after a player revolt at the Lions. All his fault that the Lions are at the bottom of the ladder. Mitchell failed in Perth and J'burg. Back to Nz for him. Do you have some sheepish job for him in Nz?
    Mel
    08 Oct 2008

Posted Thu 05 Jul 2012 12:40
    My bad Grist - the final test was a draw.  Not very convincing from the Springboks.  However, I don't doubt they are a good team and have a much better coach the PdV.
      ForumsIn the ScrumSouth Africa v England
      Sign in to post and view your settings
      New User? Sign up