Page 1 of 1
    Sort By:
    Newest First
    Oldest First
    Zedds
    27 Feb 2011

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 2011 18:35

Effectively he is already out of the allblacks UFN. So are a lot of the current crop and some more than others will have to play there way back in. The point is telling him he is out UFN has no immediate effect and does not help with the issue of his drinking.

Coping a fine is a great idea, hit the pocket hard as far as i'm concerned but at the same time the NZRFU are offering support which is admirable. The issue is probably more complex than us speculators realise.
    Isajim
    17 Dec 2008

Posted Fri 18 Nov 2011 01:32
    Sorry, Zedds, I thought Ado was writing metaphorically. But, okay, we'll use Cooper as an example.

He's had a few problems recently and given warnings. He was involved in an incident that went a little too far and accidentally caused damage (broken taxi window). He was still fined $10,000. He said he would change. Then the laptop incident occurred. Police were going to charge him for theft. The ARU told him if he was guilty, his contract would be torn up. Through good legal reps and some nifty negotiating, the charges were dropped, but he received a $7,500 fine for unnecessary bad publicity. Cooper then changed. That ARU threat was the wake up call he needed. He has since conducted himself more maturely and respectably. I hope he continues in that vein.

Guildford has had a few problems and given warnings. No fines. He recently had to be put in line for bad behaviour in Brisbane. He apologised and promised to undertake a self improvement program. No fine. That was supposed to be the helping hand he needed and he had to deal with it. It didn't work. He failed.

Now follow me here. Guildford needs a wake up call! I agree he needs rehab. I mentioned it twice above already. But needs a punishment as well. He needs to be taken back a couple of steps and then it is up to him to climb them again.

The best punishment is a stiff fine and sidelined from the All Blacks UFN (not that he was very far in there, anyway). It is a tough decision, but one I'm sure Zac can overcome.

That IMO. It is neither right nor wrong. It is the way I feel about it. If the sport wants to be promoted, measures like this need to be taken.
    RiDdLeR
    28 Apr 2010

Posted Thu 17 Nov 2011 11:42
    Well we dont Bish. He's like an unfunny version of Grist 
    Bish
    26 Jun 2009

Posted Thu 17 Nov 2011 06:05

Haha I meant Zac, I think my subconcious was telling me we don't need Zaq LOL
    Bish
    26 Jun 2009

Posted Thu 17 Nov 2011 06:03

Spot on Zedds

This is about helping someone that needs it. What he has done is pretty terrible, he obviously has no control under the influence. But discarding people as Shan would have doe's nothing for our society. Its possibly why migration of Saffas to NZ is so great.

Cowan had issues, which were dealt with effectively and he has now "pretty much" matured. I think its says more for the NZRU set up that they don't just drop these guys, we don't need Zaq, we have a tonne of talent in the wings.  Credit to NZ Rugby not to discard these guys and work through with them.

Like Henry said we don't only want great All Blacks but great people too.
    Zedds
    27 Feb 2011

Posted Thu 17 Nov 2011 04:29
    Shant,

Don't agree with your opinion at all, the best thing that the NZRFU could do is help the guy out. All rugby aside, he clearly has issues that he needs help with and they have the ability to deal with it. The easy option is to discard him, the hard option is to deal with it.

Ado clearly compares Guilford to Cooper in the first line, how could you miss it. The thing is Ado's opinion on peoples characters are irrelevent and it was more of a wind up than anything. The ARU did not desert Cooper when he went on his binges and he has matured because of it even if he is still a controversial character.

There is no defence for what he did, it was atrocious but to deal with him in your manner will not help him with his core issue and that is why I would be impressed with the NZRFU if they deal with the problem rather than cast him aside.

Isajim
    17 Dec 2008

Posted Thu 17 Nov 2011 03:06
    Oh dear, Riddler using childish name-calling.

Why should you refer to Ado and his Wallabies for what Guildford did? Where was the inference that Guildford's misdemeanours are related to past indiscretions by Wallabies O'Connor, and to a lesser extent Cooper and Beale? 

FYI, I couldn't give a rat's butt where the offender came from. If he was a Wallaby, All Black, Bok, Pom or wherever. My opinion still stands. I deplore this animal's actions. He's another boofhead that we could do without in rugby.

I am anxiously waiting to see what the NZRFU will do with him. Treat him like last time? Treat him like Dagg and Jane and give him a naughty smack on the wrist?

The NZRFU should show some balls and out this jerk. Let him come back the hard way. If he is strong enough, he'll do it. If he continues to partake in drunken episodes like this, then he is weak and deserves to be sidelined. Period. That's my opinion. 

RiDdLeR
    28 Apr 2010

Posted Wed 16 Nov 2011 15:37
    <<To condone this sort of rubbish (Bish and Riddler), your opinions are unethical. Is it just because he is a NZer?>>

Whose condoning it Shunt-A-Ram. Im just pointing out to Ado to hold his own beloved wallabies to the same standards, O'Connor and to a lesser extent Cooper and Beale (dont forget their boozy french night) can be tarred with the same brush Ado so liberally applies to non Wallabies
    Isajim
    17 Dec 2008

Posted Wed 16 Nov 2011 14:23
    He needs to be punished AND rehabilitated. At 22yo, he is mature enough to be responsible for his actions. He has had problems in the past and escaped a ban after the last TriNations game. He is a repeat offender.

He apologised after the Brisbane incident and promised to conduct a self-improvement program. He has failed that.

Mike Tindall was fined 25,000 pounds and outed from the England squad for acting like a boofhead. The NZRFU must have the balls to act similarly, otherwise the whole thing will become a joke.

If he is severely punished, then he will rehabilitate. Let him off lightly again, the same thing will happen. He is setting a bad example for young aspiring wannabe All Blacks.
    Bish
    26 Jun 2009

Posted Wed 16 Nov 2011 13:19

I didn't condone his actions, I just pointed out that he needs help. I would not like to live in a world that discards people like you wish Shan, he has the ability like many of us who have done stupid things in our youth to still become a decent person.

To get rid of someone with obvious issues Shan is as stupid a statement as someone who condones his actions.
    Isajim
    17 Dec 2008

Posted Wed 16 Nov 2011 12:38
    FYI, Zac's father died 2 and a half years ago. Sure that was tough. But this is NOW and Zac's behaviour of late needs a severe reprimand. Arriving in a bar naked, dripping wet and bleeding in an intoxicated state, then assaulting two bar patrons, including a 60 yo (fair contest?), this needs immediate attention. 

Then, further, to harass a female runner during her training, surely this is just NOT acceptable. To condone this sort of rubbish (Bish and Riddler), your opinions are unethical. Is it just because he is a NZer?

O'Connor's misdemeanours haven't come near this sort of trash.

Get rid of this Guildford #$%$ now! 
    RiDdLeR
    28 Apr 2010

Posted Tue 15 Nov 2011 10:27
    Hope you hold your golden boy James O'Connor to those lofty standards Ado. In fact O'Connor would be a lot worse because he was dealing with grief or anything. He was just being a spoilt arrogant little brat thinking he is bigger than the game 
    Bish
    26 Jun 2009

Posted Tue 15 Nov 2011 06:21

As for old Tim Stirer :) well maybe you should just be greatful we aren't at full strength all the time.
    Bish
    26 Jun 2009

Posted Tue 15 Nov 2011 06:19

Hey easy on World Champ Zac, he is only 22 and has some issues.
    There are a lot of calls for him to be dumped e.t.c. and I can understand that sentiment but if we were all judged on what we did when we were 22 or younger then most of us would be a sad looking bunch. Plus the loss of his father, we all grieve in different ways and some just don't deal with it like others.
    He needs support, guidance and one hell of a big fine.
    ado tornado

Posted Mon 14 Nov 2011 22:22
    Lets hope Zac Guilford can find his way to the Quade Cooper rehab house. For a "world Champion" he's a total loser.
    Tim S
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 14 Nov 2011 21:06

Yep Mel that's all i got.lol
    I thought it was a well reasoned arguement.
    They are all 10's. all injured and all Kiwi's
    What's with that ??
    a pattern me thinks.
    Only having a laugh mate..
    I work with a few Kiwi's so yeah i'm clutchin' at sraws atm.lol
    They keep saying 4 more years.
    All good.
    Mel
    08 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 14 Nov 2011 14:40
    Jeez Tim,

Is that the best you got?  Four more years bro.....

Blessings

Mel
    RiDdLeR
    28 Apr 2010

Posted Mon 14 Nov 2011 10:00
    Well apart from Quadey everyone on that list is an injury prone world champion. Go figure 

On another note, surprised Gristine hasnt been on here gloating about the South African cricketers. Guess nobody in SA cares about cricket
    nicolte
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 14 Nov 2011 06:35
    hahaha, you're a tryer Tim lol
    Tim S
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 13 Nov 2011 22:36

btw as there is nothing going on till the Wallabies V Wales/Baa Baa's game i thought i'd stir up the Kiwi boy's.
    I sorta miss the daily Bish and Ridds rants.Followed up by Zedds and Mel and Nic.
    I'm sorta glad Coppers injured as we get to see how Barnes controls a game.Maybe O'connor can have a look at 12 and maybe Deans understands that Sharpe is a definate starter everytime he is fit.
    I was a bit dissapointed in Dean's selection decisions.He seems very stuborn and when he makes a selection he wont change whatever happens, 
    Maybe time for an Aussie coach ??
    Tim S
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 13 Nov 2011 22:26

Sorry I forgot.
    Colin Slade..The saviour of NZ but came up short(a Kiwi)
    Stephen Donald !!!
    An NZ legend.Vilafied by all and sundry around here and now loved by all.
    Ah sport.
    Ya gotta love it ! 
    Tim S
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 13 Nov 2011 22:20

Is this a pattern.?
    Benji Marshall in the 4 nations NRL is having no impact at all.(a Kiwi)
    QC sucked for the Wallabies.(a Kiwi)
    Dan Carter played well but got injured for the Blacks(a Kiwi)
    Arron Cruden injured for the black(a Kiwi)
    Are the Kiwi players injury prone or overrated ?
      ForumsIn the ScrumIs this a pattern ?
      Sign in to post and view your settings
      New User? Sign up