Page 1 of 1
    Sort By:
    Newest First
    Oldest First
    Scott
    16 Dec 2008

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Fri 12 Aug 2011 12:37
    I just want to say a massive thank you to Greg Martin & Phil Kearns, the most one eyed commentators in history! Every time you insist on scrapping the All Black haka you give our boys extra motivation to take you down.
    Let's just forget the fact you were completely and utterley outplayed last week shall we! So keep flapping your mouths boys, you might just give the All Blacks enough ammunition to go all the way in the world cup.
    4Q2

Posted Fri 12 Aug 2011 16:28
    totally agree and the worst part you gotta listen to them when watching rugby here but at least rod kafer is fair he says it as he sees it i suppose you need them to spice things up
    Tim S
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Fri 12 Aug 2011 20:18
    Even i was surprised with those sentiments.
    I for one love watching the Haka.It's a great challenge and if u are up for it the Haka should inspire you to perform.
    Greg Martin is a tosser but like Phil and Timmy Horan is a great addition to the team.
     I Agree David, Kafer is fairly even handed as well.
    Whilst we are talking bias commentary that Sumo guy in NZ is as bias as they come.He seems to think only Kiwi's are listening and  his only focus is a Black one.
    Each country do it to a certain degree i suppose.
    Grist
    28 May 2010

Posted Fri 12 Aug 2011 22:28
    Yeah Scott, I agree. Those two are clowns. Greg is a geek and Phil a smug smurf. I always mute the sound or listen to RSA/Nz commentators.
    On the other hand you must remember that the ARU usually appoint useless people to plush positions, courtesy of NDON.

Take for example the Wallaby captain. A useless mutineer who is dreadfully unpopular among the public and treated like a leaper by Australian rugby clubs. But he is Wallaby captain!

Take as example Phil Kearns. Useless commentator who is an embarrasment to Australian Rugby. You must remember it was Phil who tried to sink SANZAR and Super, by trying to set up another competition with Packer. History shows that little Phil's plan was torpedoed by Francios Pienaar and that launched Super. For his mutineering efforts, Phil Kearns was rewarded with a plum commentator job that he has filled with his smug face ever since.

Well there you have it. They deserve each other. NoDeal O'Neill, Phil Kearns and Dodgy Elsom - Mutineer Incorporated. What has happened to moral excellence and many virtues in Australian Rugby? Where are the true leaders? People like Eales.
    Grist
    28 May 2010

Posted Fri 12 Aug 2011 22:41
    Who called for the Haka to be stopped? What idiots. It smacks of ignorance at best and envy at worst.
    I love watching the surreal Haka.
    It has that transcedental quality that fills all who are watching with awe and spiritual strength.
    It exudes testosterone potency and warrior aggression that make your spine tingle.
    It is one of the greatest traditions in world sport.
    It is a tribute to the native population of Nz.
    It is the core and most unique brand of the All Blacks of Nz.
    No Sir - we can do away with you, but not the Haka!
    Zedds
    27 Feb 2011

Posted Fri 12 Aug 2011 23:17
    Ban Greg Martin, he does more singing and dancing during one test match commentary than the Allblacks do in the entire year.
    ado tornado

Posted Sat 13 Aug 2011 12:49
    Before you drop kicks slam Martin you might want to remember that he and he alone organised a rugby match between the classic All blacks and the Classic Wallabies this year that raised 300 grand for the people of Christchurch.

You may not agree with what he has to say on the subject of the Haka and you may not like him as a commentator, but none of you has the right to slam him the way you have. 

What have any of you done to support the people of Christchurch? Martin has done more than most K1's. And as such deserves better.

Zedds
    27 Feb 2011

Posted Sat 13 Aug 2011 16:24
    A whole lot more than you will ever know Ado

This isn't about his charity efforts which we are all greatful for it is about his commentating you clown.

What a waynker making this into something it is not. Mostly just a bit of fun.

Grist
    28 May 2010

Posted Sat 13 Aug 2011 16:38
    Ado how much of that money reached 'the people' of Xchurch? My bet is that most if not all went into the pocket of the bankcrupt ARU.
    Stupid is what stupid does...
    I can just hope that those two silly smurfs, Dreg Martin and Phool Kearns are not the commentators tonight.
    If they are commentators tonight - well you all know where the mute button is... 
    Selector
    30 Aug 2011

Posted Tue 30 Aug 2011 02:57

Phil Kearns is the worst BY FAR! His commentary is just soooo BORING - all he does is constantly whine about the refereeing and how our (Wallabies) opponents were favoured or given more lee-way. Makes me feel as if the whole world is against us. The refs are neutral PK so get over it! Pls stick to your expert comments regarding the play and tactics...not the performance of the refs. After all, it is up to the players to adjust the ruling of the refs and not vice-versa?

Selector
    30 Aug 2011

Posted Tue 30 Aug 2011 03:37
    The brutal truth is that a lot of people actually enjoy the Haka (non-Kiwi's inclusive) more then a game of rugby, itself. The ABs Haka is a sight to behold and adds to the marketability of rugby - why would any neutral fan want to watch a game between the ABs against Japan...or Romania or Russia or USA etc. This topic is of course nothing new and, I feel, it's only used to unsettle the ABs. After all, you often see other island nations performing their challenge but nothing about them is said!? Do you think anyone would protest (or even care) if the Wallabies opted to sing Waltzing Matilda or play the Didjeridoo - did they not try the singing for a while before giving it up??
    Steve
    0 second ago

Posted Sun 19 May 2013 10:42
    I just saw Martin on a foxtel ad promoting the lions tour of oz, this guy is a complete idiot, he stated the lions are better than the all blacks, check the stats mate, in the last 12 tests, the all blacks have won 10, another typical one eyed view from this moron, and what's worse he is getting paid for this. The man is a complete goon.
      ForumsIn the ScrumGreg Martin and Phil Kearns
      Sign in to post and view your settings
      New User? Sign up