Posted Sun 29 Apr 2012 07:31

I have had my tipping fingers burnt too may times here

Why are the Blues so bad?

kip
    Tim S
    09 Oct 2008

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Sun 29 Apr 2012 11:12

Yeah I thought they may have stood up against the Reds at Eden Park.I tipped em as well.I do think it's coaching or lack there of.There was a point in the first half when the 13 was standing way too close leaving all this space out wide and not for just one play,this went on for 15/20 mins and was picked up by Justin Marchall but wasn't rectified for all that time.That is a coach's job to see that and get the call out.I don't know who the back's coach is but Lam lack of knowledge is at fault there...He has to go imo.
    Tim S
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 29 Apr 2012 11:27

On another note,are the reff;s having way to much influence on the game atm.Marius Jonker for a start.I'm watching the Highlanders v Cheetahs and he is clearly bias towards the SA side.It's like he is one of their mates.His knock on call last week against the Brumbies was a joke.
    Bryce Lawrence is also such a pedantic ref,He feels the need to make a call at every play and the advantage rule is clearly an area that needs to be looked at.How can at one point the advantage can go for a number of phases and then the next advantage it's asdvantage over as soon as the ball is passed out of the ruck..?!.I understand there is diff types of advantage for the 200 laws that can be aplied at ruck time but at the whim of the reff,seems to be unfair.
    Tim S
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 29 Apr 2012 11:42

What a come back from the Highlanders,boy can they attack
    Tim S
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 29 Apr 2012 18:41

Bloody Crusaders.Gee they are a classy side.Fruin was fantastic as was reed,Taylor,Guilford,Dagg and good old Richie.For the Tah's,they were all good,although Carter missed a few tackles but all up they would be happy with that even though they lost AGAIN,they competed welll and could have won it at the end.
    ps does anyone post here anymore or am i just talking to myself ?

kip
    22 Aug 2009

Posted Mon 30 Apr 2012 08:45

I'm listening Tim

lol

kip
    RiDdLeR
    28 Apr 2010

Posted Mon 30 Apr 2012 12:04
    Blues are always overrated. To be honest what great players do they have? Mealamu and Woodcocck in the front row. Both have seen their best days. Ordinary loosies. Braid is vastly overrated. Weepu is well past his used by date and Mathewson is ordinary. Anscombe looks ok but he is probably the lowest rate #10 out of all the NZ sides. Nonu is good. Ranger is vastly overrated. Worst hands in the business. If you look at this team on paper it isnt as strong as people like to believe it is and they also have a B grade coach to boot. 
    Bish
    26 Jun 2009

Posted Tue 01 May 2012 17:02

Blues are shocking, Watching them last week was painful.

The chiefs on the other hand...

How is it the chiefs look the best managed they have in their history after what 9 games under this staff and yet the guy who had the team for 8 years has gone on to an All Blacks position.

Just doesn't seem right..

I hope you prove me wrong Fozzy, I've never been a fan
    RColumn
    03 May 2012

Posted Thu 03 May 2012 23:26
    I think is is a vast oversimplification to say the Blues have ordinary players riddler- in fact I think that only lends weight to all the apologia that is going on in Auckland for their diabolical season.
    The Blues have many quality players but the problem is none of them are playing even 50% at their best, I do agree that Weepu and Ranger are utter rubbish and need to be chucked- the rest are more than adequate to perform at a high enough level to win the title- after all, the QLD Reds filled with journeymen and cast offs actually won the title last year, while this season the Chiefs and Highlanders, two teams filled with hacks are at the top end of the table.
    No- the blame lays squarely on the shoulders of Andy Dalton and Pat Lam- two fools who couldn't run a pis up at a brewery- the sooner these two ruinous clowns are given the bullet they richly deserve- the better.

Dave
    17 Feb 2012

Posted Fri 04 May 2012 11:22
    Yep, fully agree with you about Pat Lam. It is funny that the acid has been going on the players and the not the coach.  
    Tim S
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Fri 04 May 2012 19:22

Wow what a performance by the Blues.Just couldn't hold the ball,knock on,poor defence,slow ball and really bad decision making.I;ve never seen a Blues side playing this bad...You are probably right RC that it comes down to the coach's but the players have to take some resposibility.
    They look better with Matthewson.Weepu is really aggravating the probs outwide as he is sooo slow with his delivery.Ali Williams is poor, Ranger has his moments but the drop ball is unbelievable.Worst Blues side ever !
    Tim S
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Fri 04 May 2012 19:22

Wow what a performance by the Blues.Just couldn't hold the ball,knock on,poor defence,slow ball and really bad decision making.I;ve never seen a Blues side playing this bad...You are probably right RC that it comes down to the coach's but the players have to take some resposibility.
    They look better with Matthewson.Weepu is really aggravating the probs outwide as he is sooo slow with his delivery.Ali Williams is poor, Ranger has his moments but the drop ball is unbelievable.Worst Blues side ever !
    RCreturns
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 09 May 2012 01:51

Yeah, good call sprout, can't argue with anything you said- by the way everyone- there is a new rugby message board- my sad attempt to make up for the demise of rugby-junction- the address is http.rugbyrave.webs.com- discussion, blogs, videos- kip, would you consider coming over and being our resident northern hemisphere guy at rave?
    We need one really badly- but that aside- all are welcome.

RC

RColumn
    03 May 2012

Posted Wed 09 May 2012 01:53

Yeah, good call sprout, can't argue with anything you said- by the way everyone- there is a new rugby message board- my sad attempt to make up for the demise of rugby-junction- the address is http.rugbyrave.webs.com- discussion, blogs, videos- kip, would you consider coming over and being our resident northern hemisphere guy at rave?
    We need one really badly- but that aside- all are welcome.

RC

ForumsIn the ScrumBlues are shocking
      Sign in to post and view your settings
      New User? Sign up