Page 1 of 1
    Sort By:
    Newest First
    Oldest First
    vismyr
    19 Jul 2009

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 2011 12:02
    With the scintillating win over France last night, the New Zealand All Blacks displace Australia as the most successful team in the history of the Rugby World Cup, with two Golds (1987, 2011), one Silver (1995), two Bronze (1991, 2003) and one Fourth place (1999).

As an All Black fan, I'm so proud of our winning record against every other rugby playing nation as well as our tremendous record in the Tri-Nations (10 Championships, compared to the three each of the Wallabies and Boks), and this victory now clears the single blight on the team sheet.

Absolutely outstanding boys...a job well done. That is a sweet, sweet feeling

RICHARD
    17 Dec 2008

Posted Tue 25 Oct 2011 21:34

The #$%$39;s also have the record for the longest period between RWC wins!.....24 years!. Now that is one record that might remain forever!...unless England goes for it!...hahaha!!!.
    Mel
    08 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 26 Oct 2011 00:30
    Richard,

There is the record for all the nations that have not won the WC.  Wales, Scotland, Ireland and France to name a few and England has won once.  It could be a lot worse.  I will take the winningest record of any rugby team in history in the WC and OUTSIDE the WC over anything you have to offer.  If the best you can do is that it was 24 years between wins, I laugh.

Blessings

Mel
    Emmanuel
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 26 Oct 2011 01:59

No doubt of the SH dominance over the last 7 WC  6 wins out of 7 ... no arguments here ...only our English friends have managed to take it away from the south in 2003
    Considering the never ending friction between clubs and country in France over the last 2 decades  , i think our record is not bad at all , of course 2 nd place sucks big time but 3 times finalists
    and only once in 1991 out of the last 4 is something to be happy with, if only everyone involved in french rugby would decide to pull in the same direction to give our national XV the best condition possible to prepare itself for a WC over the next 4 years and not 3 months before it begins then i think we could be serious contenders for the WE trophy in England
    Mel
    08 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 26 Oct 2011 05:46
    Actually Manny,

France never cease to amaze me on how they do in big games in the WC.  It is nothing short of phenomenal.  

On a different note - have you seen the eye gouging a French player did on McCaw.  Really blatant.  That kind of filth takes away from the great spectacle of the game.  Your own French team should censor the culprit of this act.  The ABs are not going to complain because they don't want to take away from the great game it was.  However, the act should not go unaddressed.  

Blessings

Mel
    Mel
    08 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 26 Oct 2011 05:50
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FQkwYfqDnU

Take a look at this for a blatant eye gouge.  he should be banned for a few months for this deed.  I can understand a punch up in the heat of battle but this cowardly act I will never understand.

Blessings

Mel
    Emmanuel
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 26 Oct 2011 06:14

Mel . likei said in a previous post ... not good indeed but really surprising from a guy like Rougerie... father of 2 and never been known for violent conduct before ...
    GaleForcePerth
    31 Jul 2010

Posted Thu 27 Oct 2011 03:16
    I'm totally against foul play, but I'm not sure it's as 'clean cut' as you whinging Kiwis make out. He definitely had the shytes with McCaw because YET AGAIN he was on the WRONG SIDE of the ruck. Lying all over it. Unbelievable.

He definitely tried to give him a touch up. Whether he intended to eye gouge him is debatable.

No one deserves to be gouged. But he certainly deserved to be smashed for blatantly cheating at the ruck for the entire match.

Oh, and I expect the moronic barrage from you guys saying it's sour grapes and Richie's fantastic and he does no wrong, so save your fingertips girlfriends...
    Emmanuel
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Thu 27 Oct 2011 05:01

Gale

Unfortunately Mr Joubert played also a big part in giving Mc Caw total immunity during ruck phases that alienated our players but indeed i am also against foul play but part of me can't help thinking that he had it coming
    Mel
    08 Oct 2008

Posted Thu 27 Oct 2011 05:09
    I am from the old school.  If a guy is on the wrong side of the ruck then ruck the #$%$ our of him.  Give him a little shoe leather - it is still legal to ruck him of the ball.  Fingers in the eyes - sorry Gale that's not on.  I would say that if it had been done to Poc-ock or to any player.  It is not about McCaw.  It is about the act.  I have always thought it to be the one of the worst offenses in rugby.  Pretty low really.  It does distract from the game as the French team played their best game of the tournament and were worthy opponents.   I felt that they did not deserve to be in the final but they played a game worthy of a finalist.  For sure they could have just as easily won.  

Blessings

Mel
    nicolte
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Thu 27 Oct 2011 12:03
    << Unfortunately Mr Joubert played also a big part in giving Mc Caw total immunity during ruck phases >>

LOL

No wait

LOL

Come on Emma, you're better than this!!!
    RiDdLeR
    28 Apr 2010

Posted Thu 27 Oct 2011 18:23
    LMAO! Gale, First off its Sir Richie McCaw to you convict (or he will be). Second, you are like a worn out record. I didnt see you moan once about Poc ock who does exactly the same thing. The South African game where he constantly infringed you sung his praises saying what an excellent game he had. Sir Richie McCaw does the same and he is the biggest cheat ever to run onto a rugby field. Your claims might actually have some merit if you applied the same standards across the board. As it is you dont. You are just a bitter little man, upset that a one legged McCaw showed up your golden boy Poc ock yet again. 
      ForumsIn the ScrumAll Blacks World Cup record
      Sign in to post and view your settings
      New User? Sign up