Port Adelaide chairman David Koch has publicly vented his frustrations with the AFL as Sam Powell-Pepper's immediate playing future remains in limbo.
The 20-year-old served a one-match club-imposed suspension in round four following an alcohol-fuelled incident at an Adelaide nightclub earlier this month.
He also missed last week's loss to Geelong after he ruled himself out as the AFL investigation continued.
Koch revealed on Monday that the integrity unit's investigation was actually completed last week.
Club officials have seen a summary, but have not been allowed to view a copy of the completed report.
"We have been asking to see that report and it still hasn't come a week later," Koch said on Adelaide radio station FiveAA on Monday.
"Our view is the report does not reflect properly what actually went on at the nightclub. We have video of the entire night at the club and our view of that video doesn't match the findings of the integrity unit's report.
"We are backing our player. We think the allegations, particularly some of the media allegations against Sam - on our evidence - are completely misleading.
"That's why we want to see the report, to see what other evidence that report contains, if any."
Port aren't debating that Powell-Pepper broke team rules by being drunk in a public place and out past curfew.
But Koch is standing firm in the face of any further sanctions given the lack of evidence and is bewildered by the AFL's decision not to make the report available.
"We are stumped by that. We are frustrated by that ... so frustrated because it is putting enormous pressure on this young man," he said.
"If there's evidence of any serious sexual abuse then we would throw the book at any player.
"(But) our vision of what happened on the night bears no resemblance to any of that.
"They're alleging inappropriate behaviour. We don't even think it goes that far."
Koch said the club was prepared to argue its case with legal representation at an AFL hearing if necessary.