Australia's Alexei Popyrin says a first-round defeat in Adelaide hasn't dented his chances of again making inroads at the Australian Open.
The 20-year-old Popyrin lost a tight three-setter in his first-round fixture at the Adelaide International on Sunday night.
But the Australian, ranked 94 in the world, is encouraged by his display against Serbian world No.39 Laslo Djere at Adelaide's redeveloped Memorial Drive.
Djere prevailed 7-6 (7-3) 3-6 6-4, but Popyrin says he showed enough to remain bullish about the Australian Open, where last year he made the third round.
"I'm getting there," he told AAP after his loss to Djere.
"I'm getting better with each match I am playing this year."
Popyrin will team with compatriot Alex Bolt in the doubles at the Adelaide International - their first match is on Monday.
Two other Australian singles wildcards will also be in action on Monday in Adelaide, at an event featuring concurrent ATP and WTA tournaments.
Women's wildcard Alja Tomljanovic meets Kazakhstan's Yulia Putintseva in Monday's first centre court match.
And men's wildcard James Duckworth will also feature on centre court in a night encounter with Argentina's Federico Delbonis.
Australia's top seeds - Alex de Minaur and Ashleigh Barty - have first-round byes and are expected to be main drawcards on Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively.