Former NRL forward Mose Masoe has been released from hospital in England to continue his rehabilitation for a career-ending spinal injury at home.
Co-captain of Super League's Hull Kingston Rovers, Masoe has made remarkable progress at Wakefield's Pinderfields Hospital since suffering the injury in a January pre-season clash.
SHOCK DEVELOPMENT: Firearm investigation launched as NRL players cop virus breach fines
‘LEAD BY EXAMPLE’: NRL slams stars' 'unacceptable' virus breach
'MUCH SAFER': NRL boss blasts 'scaremongering' medical experts
The 30-year-old posted an Instagram picture from the hospital, thanking all the medical staff for looking after him.
He also shared a couple of heartwarming images of the ‘welcome home’ messages that his kids had organised for his return.
"I can't thank you guys enough for what you have done for me," Masoe said of the hospital's spinal unit on Instagram.
"The work you do is life changing and I have so much love and respect for you."
The former Sydney Roosters and Penrith forward is determined to make a full recovery and recently started walking again with the aid of crutches.
Masoe was initially told in late March that he would have to make way for coronavirus patients and leave the Wakefield hospital, prompting an emotional plea from the former Samoa international.
"They've got to clear out a lot of wards to get in the people who have coronavirus so a lot of us have to go home," Masoe told the Hull KR website last month.
"I'm not really ready to go home at all...there's a lot of things I can't do myself, like going to the toilet and things like that - I don't want to put a burden on my missus."
However, that decision was reviewed and the 30-year-old New Zealand-born Samoan was allowed to stay and continue his rehabilitation at the spinal unit.
Tamworth base looms for NZ Warriors after exemption
Meantime, the Warriors appear set to train in isolation for two weeks in Tamworth after being granted federal government exemption to enter Australia this week.
ARL Commission chairman Peter V'landys confirmed to AAP on Monday the Australian Border Force have allowed the Warriors to fly into the country.
Now the league will meet with the NSW state government on Tuesday to gain approval for the Warriors to self-quarantine in central NSW.
"That's the next step of the puzzle," V'landys told AAP.
"The border security have given us exemption for them to come in, and we couldn't go to the state government until we had that approval.
"We've now gone to the state government to get the approval for them to train while they're in quarantine because it's no risk to the community."
The NRL is confident that exemption will be granted after five Warriors players were able to train in isolation in Kingscliff last month.
That group included Peta Hiku, Gerard Beale, Jazz Tevaga, Josh Curran and Agnatius Paasi.
The Wellington Phoenix were also given special privileges to train in Sydney while in lockdown in mid-March before the A-League was also suspended.
"There's a precedent when the Warriors were here the last time," V'landys said.
"They were able to train while in the facility for 14 days, the five players that came out to replace the players that went back. There's no risk to the community."
It was believed the New Zealand-based club was looking at basing themselves in Lennox Head on the far north coast of NSW in lockdown.
However, the governing body is now looking at Tamworth, which recorded its most recent new case of the coronavirus on Sunday, taking the total to 14.
V'landys was reluctant to discuss the reason for the change in base.
"We're looking at Tamworth at the moment," he said.
with Yahoo Sport staff