Israel Folau has reportedly met with Brisbane Broncos management, despite ARL Commission chairman Peter Beattie slamming the door shut on the sacked Wallabies superstar's bid to return to the NRL last week.
Folau began his career in Rugby League, before switching codes to play AFL, before finishing in Rugby Union.
However, he recently had his contract terminated after controversial social media posts.
“You know who was having a meeting at the Broncos last week?” Ben Dobbin asked on Triple M.
“In the coffee shop at the Broncos, Israel Folau was having a meeting with the management of the Brisbane Broncos last week on Origin Wednesday.”
The news of the apparent Broncos meeting arrived on the day it emerged Tonga had offered Folau a lifeline for the 2023 Rugby World Cup.
Beattie rules out return
Folau played 91 games for Melbourne and Brisbane and was one of the NRL's biggest stars, making five Origin and eight Test appearances before defecting to rival codes.
He walked out on the game at the end of 2010 to sign with the AFL.
Beattie ruled out allowing the dual international back into the game that made him a star following his social media posts, in which he claimed homosexuals were going to "hell".
News Corp recently reported Folau was willing to offer the NRL the chance to vet any religious social media posts in exchange for his return.
But Beattie reiterated his position soon after, saying they would not register a contract with the 30-year-old under any circumstance.
"Our position on Israel Folau remains the same," Beattie told AAP last Wednesday.
"We are an inclusive game with respect for all. Israel has social media posts online that go against what our game stands for.
"As it stands, he will not be considered for registration. What Israel chooses to do in relation to his social media posts and his faith is a matter for him."
Rugby Australia tore up Folau's $5 million, four-year contract after he refused to take down an Instagram post which quoted bible scripture and said homosexuals and other sinners were destined for hell.
He has since claimed his sacking was unlawful, filing applications against RA and the NSW Waratahs with the Fair Work Commission.