Storm boss Justin Rodski has heaped praise on Cameron Munster after the star playmaker's return to training following a stint in rehab.
Munster was one of three Storm players sanctioned by the NRL and the club after video surfaced online of them partying at the end of the season with a white powder visible in the footage.
'WORKS OUT WELL': Huge Latrell Mitchell detail in 2022 NRL draw
Melbourne Storm CEO Justin Rodski has fired up in response to a series of tough questions about a white powder video scandal involving several of the club's players.
The Storm dished out their punishments for Munster, Brandon Smith and Chris Lewis, before Munster revealed he was entering a rehab facility to deal with his "battle" against alcohol abuse.
The Storm warned that the star playmaker was on his last chance in the wake of the scandal.
Munster copped a $30,000 fine from the league and a $100,000 suspended fine from the Storm as well as a one-game ban, meaning he will miss the opening game of the 2022 season.
The Queensland Origin star voluntarily checked himself into the rehab facility last month to help him manage his "difficult relationship with alcohol".
The Storm's CEO said the 27-year-old exited on the weekend and returned to Melbourne with his pregnant partner.
Despite not being due back at the club for pre-season training until December 7, Munster was in the gym on Monday.
"He's finished his stint in his rehab clinic and he's come back in really good shape," Rodski said.
"He returned to training on Monday with some of the new guys who arrived back early and his mindset is really positive.
"We're really looking forward to him having a big pre-season and focusing on making sure he puts all the necessary steps in place to make sure he improves himself as a person and as a player.
"I know speaking to him yesterday he's really committed to that."
Cam Munster could be a 'one-club player' with Storm
Munster has been consistently linked to NRL expansion side the Dolphins, who are set to enter the competition in 2023.
Despite his current deal with the Storm running until the end of 2023, Munster reportedly sees his long-term future in Melbourne - something Rodski admits the club could be open to.
"He's contracted with Melbourne for 2022 and 2023 and who knows what happens after that - there's every chance if he continues the way he is he will be a one-club player with the Storm," Rodski said.
Munster's fellow Storm party boy Brandon Smith is also hot property in the recruitment market but Rodski said they are working to secure the New Zealand Test hooker.
"No doubt there will be a lot of interest in Brandon, who is out of contract at the end of 2022, so there's some discussions happening between the club and his management at the moment," Rodski said.
"We'd love to see him continue on at the Storm and we're really confident that he will.
"Over the next few weeks we will ramp up those discussions."
Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.