No wonder they call Mayweather 'Money'

Yahoo!7 February 26, 2013, 10:35 am

Not known for bouts of understatement, Floyd 'Money' Mayweather has tweeted several pictures of himself bathing in riches beyond belief.

Already the highest paid athlete in the world in 2012 Mayweather recently signed a new six-fight deal with Showtime that if completed in the 30-allotted months promises to be the "richest individual athlete deal in all of sports."

So what do you give a man who can buy whatever he wants to celebrate his 36th birthday.

Well this of course:

Floyd tweeted this picture on his birthday (Twitter/FloydMayweather)

The cake was made to look like a $1000 bill with his likeness on the note.

He didn't stop there.

Ahead of his return to the ring against Robert Guerro on May 4, Mayweather tweeted a picture of himself relaxing with mountains of real cash stacked high beside him, like he didn't even notice it was there.

Mayweather relaxing beside piles of green (Twitter/FloydMayweather)

Mayweather is expecting a tough challenge against Guerro.

"Robert Guerrero is a champion," he told Boxing Scene.

"For this guy to be mentioned with some of the top fighters in today’s time, he must have done something right or correct in his career.

Mayweather tweeted this after signing his deal and returning to training

"This is a guy who I know I can’t overlook; I have to push myself to the limit. I have to dedicate myself and I have to do what it takes to stay at the top.

"Guerrero is a very aggressive fighter. I am starting to train. As a matter of fact, this week I was out on the basketball court with some young kids working on my cardio.

"I have to build my cardio up to fight Guerrero. I will not overlook him. I don’t overlook anyone. I know that everyone who fights me is gunning for me, so I have to be ready for what they are ready to
give me."

1. U DREW 1st BLOOD03:57pm Tuesday 26th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

You drew first Blood..........SOOTY....?

2. morgan03:30pm Tuesday 26th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

I could beat him.

3. Sherilynn02:57pm Tuesday 26th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Absolutely disgusting, hope he drowns in it.

4. matt b02:04pm Tuesday 26th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Manny will clean his clock

5. Kim01:15pm Tuesday 26th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

maybe a show off but he is a rich talented showoff

6. Richard12:30pm Tuesday 26th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Another stupid show off who will certainly lose all that after he is knocked out or can't fight anymore. What is wrong with these egotistical maniacs. News nowadays are full of black athletes who made big, showed off, invested badly or spent money unwisely and now are homeless. I bet this man will be the next one in the not to distant future

7. The Skud11:53am Tuesday 26th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Good luck to him ... he has parlayed good reflexes and fitness into a money-spinning career! It is no good trying to box - or play many other sports for that matter - without these talents, so whether or not he displays taste and/or class, he is doing well.