Athlete with a heart of gold proposes to heart-broken six-year-old

Staff writers, Yahoo!7 February 1, 2013, 3:08 pm

A heart-breaking video of a six-year-old girl crying about not being able to marry NFL star J.J Watt has resulted in a miraculous response.The girl is sat crying on the couch, lamenting the fact that she had to be 25 to marry J.J Watt. Not exactly true, but clearly the distressed lass wasn't thinking straight.

Watt, a defensive linesman for the Houston Texans saw the video and posted a message to Twitter asking for assistance in finding the forlorn fan. In less than two days the little girl had been located and Watt conspired with her parents to organise an adorable surprise.
Down on one knee, Watt asked Breanna to be his wife for the day and the two shared a few hugs and posed for plenty of photos. With the Super Bowl set to take place on Monday (10:30am EDST) it's good to see such a heart-warming tale out of the NFL.

1. Darryl01:19pm Saturday 02nd February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Oh, if only it were that simple. Most guys wouldn't dare make such an offer in the world as it is today. There are so many paranoid women out there who seem to think there is a perverted male behind every Tree. It would be just wonderful if things could be so simple but the women today have basically made mens lives impossible when it comes to anything affectionate with children.

2. Danielle A12:52am Saturday 02nd February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

That was just adorable

3. michael10:29pm Friday 01st February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Just copied this from Reddit did we ?

4. Darryl10:23pm Friday 01st February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

I offered the mother my Camera and told her she was welcome to check what my pics consisted of but it wasn't enough. Some hours later when returning to my car, the little girl was between myself and my car, Rather than cause a scene I went around her but the stupid mother came running yet again and abused her daughter again. I was quite angry and I told the woman she was doing far more harm than good and she should get herself checked because maybe it was she who had a problem and she shouldn't scare her little girl like that. She swore at me and dragged the child off, chastising her for absolutely nothing.

5. Darryl10:19pm Friday 01st February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

This is the way the World should be but sadly, as one person has already stated, we Males are in the unenviable situation of being looked at as though we have evil intentions any time we so much as smile at a child. I had a perfect example a few weeks back. I photograph birds and a little girl, maybe 7-8 asked what I was doing. I explained what I was up to just seconds before her stupid mother practically pulled her arm out of the socket and abused her something chronic.. cont'ued....

6. Jeffrey09:29pm Friday 01st February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Nice one Mr Watt; kind heartedness is not yet dead......that little kid will have a very happy memory ( and a great story ) for 'show and tell', when she goes to school..... a big thumbs up for you sir :-)

7. CeeCee07:03pm Friday 01st February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Oh, American footballers seem to be cuties!! Something our leagues could well emulate. Lovely story :)

8. Aimee06:40pm Friday 01st February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

That is so sweet and amazing. This guy is clearly such a nice human being to care that much about a little fan. She will never forget this. Great to see there are such nice people still in the world. Warmed my heart

9. Liz06:37pm Friday 01st February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

OMG that is the cutest & sweetest thing I have ever heard.......

Compare Credit Cards