UFC starlett: ‘I try to have as much sex as possible before I fight’

Cagewriter | Maggie Hendricks, Yahoo!7 November 30, 2012, 10:03 am

UFC/Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey appeared on Jim Rome's show on Wednesday. What does the champion use as her training secret? Does she have high-level training methods not available to amateur athletes and workout warriors?

Nope. She likes to have as much sex as possible before fights. Though Mick advised Rocky that women weaken the legs, Rousey believes it has the opposite effect on women.

"For girls it raises your testosterone, so I try to have as much sex as possible before I fight actually. Not with like everybody, I don't put out like a Craigslist ads or anything, but if I got a steady I'm going to be like, 'Yo, fight time's coming up,'" Rousey said.

It clearly works for her. Rousey has steamrolled every opponent she has faced on her way to the championship and a 6-0 record. She's won every fight with a first-round submission, and she recently was named the first woman in the UFC. Though her opponent and the date for her first UFC fight are currently unknown, UFC president Dana White said her bout will be a main event on a pay-per-view.

Rousey is also a two-time Olympian, and she won a bronze medal for judo in 2008. It was a fight before the Beijing Olympics that made her think she could be successful in the cage.

"Yes. I got in a fight with a couple of guys at the end of 2007 in a movie theater. It was four couples so four guys and one girl tried to get into it. And I had two friends with me. But I was only really handling two guys by myself. They sued me for assault because it didn't really go too well for them. I guess if you lose a fight in Santa Monica the next option is to sue. Everyone in the theater was cheering for me. I was thinking I might have a future in this. It was before the whole MMA thing."

1. LONGSHOT02:04pm Saturday 15th December 2012 ESTReport Abuse

I think they'd really draw a crowd if she had sex DURING the fight.... I'd pay my $3.50

2. LONGSHOT02:00pm Saturday 15th December 2012 ESTReport Abuse

With my luck, I'd just be lined up ready to have a go and she'd say: "Sorry luv, not tonight, I've got the painters in".... how stiff could you be?

3. Ray05:43pm Friday 30th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

How good will she be if she gets hold of a carrot or a broom handle ?

4. Ray05:34pm Friday 30th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

Shameless publicity seeking , self promoting , unscientific #$%$ !

5. Ray05:32pm Friday 30th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

Anything for publicity and self promotion I guess. There is something seriously wrong scientifically with the idea that a testosterone (?) increase occurs. Male hormones ? What is she , a hermaphrodite or some she-male type of creature ? What a load of #$%$ ! Unworthy of publication in any medium.

6. Ghost Hunter01:58pm Friday 30th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

T o quote from something heard outside Rhonda's changing room door two hours before her last fight - - - " NEXT - COME ON, HURRY UP I HAVEN'T GOT ALL NIGHT YOU KNOW ! "

7. Daggers01:06pm Friday 30th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

She would have to be a lesbian, surely.

8. Matt12:49pm Friday 30th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

boomshuckalaka!

9. laserblade1712:47pm Friday 30th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

Smart! It obviously works for her and is certainly better than using illegal supplements.

10. Beerwolf12:37pm Friday 30th November 2012 ESTReport Abuse

And women wonder why no one respects trollops like this. Still dosen't meen I wouldn't throw one into it, I love slutty trollops!!!