You could win nearly $600 worth of NBA trading cards from Cherry by showing us your best fantasy move (trade or waiver wire add) of the season so far!
Here’s how to enter:
Follow @yahoosportau on Instagram
Be a member of OR join the Fantasy Basketball Insiders Facebook group
Share a pic of the transaction in the comments of the pinned post in the Fantasy Basketball Insiders group with 25 words or less on why it’s the best move this season. You must include your instagram handle and the number of teams in your league in the comment.
Fantasy expert Josh Lloyd will decide the winner.
Competition ends 16th March at 11:59pm. Full Terms and Conditions are below.
NBA FANTASY PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is Verizon Media Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 60 089 187 100) of Level 4 West, 8
Central Avenue, Eveleigh, NSW, 2015 (“Promoter”).
3. Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years and over who are members of a
Yahoo Fantasy NBA League for the 2020/21 NBA Season.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, and agencies and prize providers
associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the
following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by
adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew,
brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1 st cousin.
5. Promotion commences on at 9:00am on Wednesday 3 March, 2021 and closes at 11:59pm
AEST on Tuesday 16 March, 2021 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, individuals must, during the Promotional Period:
(a) be a member of, or join, a Yahoo Fantasy NBA League for the 2020/21 NBA Season;
(b) be a member of, or join, the Fantasy Basketball Insiders Facebook Group (the
(c) follow the @yahoosportsau Instagram account (the Instagram Account);
(d) complete, or have completed, a player transaction in their fantasy league, whether
via trade, waiver pickup, or undrafted free agent addition;
(e) post a screenshot of the transaction underneath the pinned post on the Facebook
Group relating to the promotion, and in the comments below the entrant’s post
specify the number of teams in the entrant’s fantasy league, and in 25 words or less
explain why this transaction is the entrant’s best player transaction this season.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Only one (1) entry permitted per person. If an entrant is involved in multiple leagues the
entrant may only enter their single best player transaction across all leagues.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached
any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any
unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of
the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure
by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from
such an offender are reserved.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will
be individually judged by the Promoter’s NBA Fantasy Expert who will determine the best
transaction based on a standard point format league and the entrant’s explanation of the
transaction. The Fantasy Expert will take into account the number of teams in the entrant’s
league in determining the winner.
12. The entrant with the best transaction as determined by the Fantasy Expert will win the prize
13. The Winner will win one (1) Panini NBA Hoops 2020-21 Basketball Hobby Box consisting of
24 packs of 8 cards each, valued at AUD$599.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Winner will be notified by Facebook message and will be disclosed in a tagged post in
the Facebook Group.
16. Each Winner must provide the Promoter with a screenshot of the number of teams in the
Winner’s league prior to being awarded the prize. In the event the Winner is unable to
provide a screenshot to the Promoter’s reasonable satisfaction or the Promoter otherwise
reasonably believes the entrant has misrepresented the number of teams the prize will be
17. If for any reason a Winner does not take a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then
the prize will be forfeited.
18. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the
prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
19. Total prize pool value is $625.
20. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
21. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its
affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable,
and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry for
any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes,
in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event
they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for
an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion
(including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or
supplied by the Promoter.
23. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter,
including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as
24. Any cost associated with entering this promotion is the entrant’s responsibility and is
dependent on the Internet service provider used.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit,
exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition
and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act
or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-
Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including
the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees
and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or
damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential,
arising in any way out of the promotion.
26. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not
responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any
loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment
malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access
or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or
misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond
the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
(e) taking/use of a prize.
By entering this promotion, entrants agree to the Promoter collecting, using and disclosing
their personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this promotion, in
https://policies.oath.com/au/en/oath/privacy/index.html which entrants acknowledge they
Promoter handles entrants’ personal information, including how entrants can access and/or
correct their personal information, or make a complaint about the handing of their personal
information. Entry is conditional on providing this information. Additionally, by ticking the
relevant opt-in box/es, entrants agree to the Promoter and its trusted partners using their
personal information to help the Promoter communicate with them about offers from the
Promoter and its marketing partners (which offers entrants may opt-out of receiving), and
they agree to the Promoter disclosing their information to such partners in connection with
such purposes. Unless otherwise indicated by the Promoter, the Promoter may disclose
entrants’ personal information to entities outside of Australia (for a list of the countries, see
breach the Australian Privacy Principles. By entering the promotion entrants consent to the
overseas transfer on these terms as permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles and
agree that the Promoter is not liable in this regard.
27. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with
28. To the fullest extent possible at law, each entrant releases Facebook from any liability in
connection with this promotion.