Pandemic-busting Australian boxing brothers Andrew and Jason Moloney have cleared another hurdle as they prepare for fights in Las Vegas next month.
WBA super flyweight champion Andrew and twin Jason, who is ranked in the top five of the bantamweight division by all four major organisations, arrived in Las Vegas earlier this week after securing exemptions to travel to the United States amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
The 29-year-old's tested negative to coronavirus on Thursday and were subsequently allowed to train in the Top Rank gym, where posters of great fighters like heavyweights Muhammad Ali, George Foreman and Mike Tyson adorn the walls.
"We were the first boxers allowed back in the gym," Andrew Moloney told AAP, after sparring eight rounds with his brother.
"The gym itself is massive, there's two full size rings in there.
"I've seen footage on YouTube and things since I was a very young kid, so pretty surreal to be training in there myself now."
The siblings are awaiting confirmation of who they will fight, but it seems they may not appear on the same card.
"I think the idea is for us to be on separate shows and hopefully headline separate shows to give us even more exposure," Jason Moloney said.
With Mexico's Israel Gonzalez, Andrew Moloney's original opponent for his first world title defence not currently in the United States, his challenger is likely to be No.12-ranked American Joshua Franco.
Jason Moloney could still fight American Josh Greer, who was his scheduled opponent until their March bout was cancelled.
"As long as I am fighting and taking another step towards becoming world champion and getting myself in a position to earn myself a belt, then I don't mind who I have to fight," he said.