Off-contract Supercars star Scott McLaughlin says he is focused on becoming just the fourth driver to win three straight championships despite speculation linking him to a US move.
Ford gun McLaughlin admits there will be outside noise about his future in 2020 after successfully testing an IndyCar in Florida last month.
But the New Zealand driver said nothing would distract him from his goal of a three-peat when a new-look Supercars season starts at the Adelaide 500 from February 20.
"I don't think it (speculation about future) will be a distraction," McLaughlin told AAP.
"I trialled (in the US) and am really proud of doing it but at the same time nothing has come out of it.
"Obviously the more different cars you drive and the more you go overseas people start speculating - I understand that and was prepared for what was to come.
"(But) I am trying to go three up which is really exciting."
Rumours won't go away that McLaughlin may be contesting his last Supercars season after his IndyCar test.
His DJR Team Penske outfit's majority owner, US motorsport great Roger Penske, owns IndyCar and NASCAR outfits and has hinted McLaughlin may be bound for the US after his Supercars contract expires at the end of 2020.
Asked when he would make a call on his future, McLaughlin said: "It's a team thing - I don't have anything to do with it.
"I get told what I have to do. If they tell me to drive a wheelbarrow around Bathurst I will do it."
McLaughlin said his priority was trying to join Australian motorsport's most elite club.
Ahead of Australian touring car racing's 60th season, only three drivers have won at least three straight titles - Ian Geoghegan (1966-69), Mark Skaife (2000-2002) and Jamie Whincup (2011-14).
McLaughlin admitted there would be plenty of pressure but had been steeled by a difficult title defence in 2019.
McLaughlin dominated with a record 18 race victories last year.
However, he complained of a "toxic paddock" after rivals took aim at his team for being allowed to keep a controversial Bathurst 1000 win despite copping fines for an engine regulation breach and issuing an illegal team order.
"It (defending title) probably gets harder as the pressure gets bigger but I am not really worried about the outside noise," McLaughlin said.
"People try to bring you down in sport, that is how it is.
"Obviously it (rivals' criticism) didn't affect us as much as they tried. I am just focused on our job and will push on."
The 2020 season - launched in Sydney on Tuesday - features a new technical package for cars and calendar tweaks.
South Australia's The Bend replaces Sandown as the opening enduro, the New Zealand stop will be at Hampton Downs not Pukekohe while night racing returns to Sydney.