Excitement will soon make way for head scratching as NBL coaches work out how to stop Andrew Bogut.
The league's marquee signing will be unveiled by the Sydney Kings in a press conference on Tuesday morning.
Australia's first No.1 NBA draft pick and a starting centre in Golden State Warriors' 2015 championship-winning side, the 33-year-old will bring unrivalled credentials to the rejuvenated league.
Brisbane coach Andrej Lemanis, who also coaches the Boomers, said he was thrilled to receive a message from the man himself on Monday confirming the move.
"What he's achieved in his career ... for him to see the NBL as worthy ratifies where this league is going," Lemanis told AAP.
"It keeps focus on the NBL."
He tips teams will struggle to contain the pass-first forward who will create for the Kings' potent guard combination of Kevin Lisch and Jerome Randle while his defence has always been first-class.
"They're a title contender straight away," Lemanis said.
"It's fantastic to see him playing here and will be fantastic for our young guys to match up ... but it'll be a hell of a scout.
"Although if a young guy does have a good night against him they'll know they're doing pretty well."
The Melburnian spent seven seasons with the Milwaukee Bucks before winning an NBA championship with the Stephen Curry-led Warriors in 2015.
He was traded to Dallas Mavericks the following year and after one season moved to Cleveland, where he broke his left leg 56 seconds into his Cavaliers debut.
Late last year, Bogut signed with the Los Angeles Lakers but was waived by the club in January this year and last month announced he would remain in Australia with his pregnant wife.
The Kings released a social media teaser on Sunday night revealing the move, but in an awkward update on Monday revealed his contract was still to be cleared by the NBL.
He is expected to front the media on Tuesday on his new home court in Sydney.