ITV's James Martin has shared an update on his cancer treatment. The TV chef revealed over the summer that was diagnosed with facial cancer a few years ago and requires regular treatment.
During an appearance for his show at the Philharmonic Hall in Liverpool last night (November 6), the star announced that he will be taking a break for more treatment.
"On a personal note, I just wanted to say thank you for 30 years of television," he told the audience (via Daily Mirror).
"For me personally, I've been through a lot of shit with cancer but I'm getting sorted at the end of next month. I will be back fighting at the end of February but I'm going on a little bit of a break to get that sorted. I just wanted to say thank you for all your support and all your messages," Martin added.
Last month, Martin confirmed that ITV had renewed his series Saturday Morning for another year, which came amid uncertainty over its future following allegations of "bullying" and "intimidating" behaviour by Martin towards his crew.
"I want to thank everyone for their support. It's been a difficult time and I've not been well," he told audiences at the Birmingham Symphony Hall. "I wanted to let you know about the future of my Saturday show as ITV have just made a decision yesterday. So, ITV has decided to renew the Saturday show for another year. We've just found out."
Following the accusations, Martin shared a public apology, saying it occurred at a "fraught" and "difficult" time in his life, including receiving his cancer diagnosis, as well as losing his grandfather and being the victim of a home burglary.
"I would like to apologise publicly and sincerely to the crew involved in this incident, as I did at the time," he said. "I can only say I am human and following a build-up of personal life pressure, I admit that I overreacted regarding the damage to my home."
You Might Also Like