Disturbing details surrounding an alleged abduction horror have been revealed, with police stating two more boys have claimed they were also targeted on the same day.
A massive police manhunt is under way for the unknown offenders who dragged a Melbourne teen into a car before dumping him on the side of the road with life-threatening injuries earlier this week.
The 14-year-old boy was confronted by individuals in a dark grey Volkswagen Tiguan outside Glen Eira College at Glen Huntly about 3.35pm.
He was then forced into the car, which drove along Neerim Rd, before being dumped on the side of Grange Rd a short time later.
It is understood the year 9 student had just finished school for the day before he was attacked.
He was rushed to hospital in a life-threatening condition, though it is understood he was stable as of Tuesday.
Officers were later tipped off by fire authorities to a burnt-out Volkswagen Tiguan found on Heatherton Rd in Dandenong.
Appearing on 3AW with Neil Mitchell on Wednesday, Victoria Police Inspector Scott Dwyer said two more boys from the same school had since come forward alleging they were also abducted on the same day.
“The concerning part for me is that there have been some silent victims,” Inspector Dwyer said, adding the two boys, aged between 14 and 16, had not suffered serious physical injuries in the attack.
“They have suffered like this other boy, maybe not to the level of injuries that he has, but have not reported it to their parents or the police.”
Inspector Dwyer said there was “every chance” more victims would come forward.
“Obviously, the investigation has broadened a little,” he said.
Inspector Dwyer said the investigation was an “absolute priority” for the police.
“(It is) sickening, it’s confronting,” he said.
“The issue is we live in a really safe city and when incidents like this are reported, it is rightfully shocking.
“But as with all crime, there will be a response to it.”
Inspector Dwyer said he was “100 per cent” sure the offenders would be caught.
He revealed they were caucasian but would not offer a complete description.
He said no arrests had been made but the investigation was “progressing”.
Inspector Dwyer said the boy dumped on the side of the road had suffered “life-altering” injuries and detectives were with the boy’s family at the hospital.
A police spokesperson said officers were still working to determine if the Volkswagen, which was found engulfed in flames shortly after midnight, was linked to the attack due to how severely it was damaged.
Police investigations into whether the abduction could also be linked to an incident that occurred earlier that day in Caulfield are ongoing.
About 3.25pm, four teenagers were robbed by two unknown individuals “armed with machetes” on Kambrook Rd
Detective Acting Senior Sergeant Lisa Watson said police believed a number of items had been taken in the attack, including mobile phones.
She also told 9 News that the child targeted in Monday’s attack was “not in a position to speak to us at this time”.
“There are some facts and circumstances that we won’t be aware of and unable to confirm until we’ve been able to speak with him,” Sergeant Watson said.
“(It appears he was an) innocent victim on his way home from school.”
It’s believed the unknown offenders who abducted the 14-year-old were armed with a box cutter and machetes when they demanded the phones of the victim and several classmates he was walking with, according to 9 News.
Glen Eira College, where the teen is believed to have attended school, sent an email to parents on Monday night about the incident.
“This is a horrible situation which has no doubt shocked many of our school community,” the email said.
“Our hearts go out to the student, student’s family and friends during this time.”
Anyone who witnessed either incident, has dashcam footage, saw the vehicle involved or who has any other information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers.