Former women's number one Saina Nehwal has pulled out of next week's Denmark Open, the first tournament since the world tour was suspended in March as a result of the coronavirus.
Compatriot PV Sindhu, the world number seven, announced her withdrawal from the event last month saying she did not want to risk international travel.
The Super 750 event in Odense starting October 13 will be the first on the BWF World Tour since the All England Championships seven months ago.
Nehwal told Indian media it didn't make sense to travel to Europe for just one tournament, and she would instead wait until the new year to resume tournament play.
Nehwal's husband Parupalli Kashyap, currently ranked 24 in the world, has also pulled out of the tournament.
"There is no injury issue," told Indian media.
"I decided that I will start the season from January only with the Asian tour."
The Badminton World Federation (BWF) has postponed the Thomas and Uber Cup Finals and three events in Asia to 2021, and cancelled the Denmark Masters.