THE UNITED BID
* Looking to become the first World Cup to be hosted in three countries
* Sixty matches in the United States, 10 each in Canada and Mexico
* Expected to generate $US5 bn ($A6.7 bn) in economic activity, including 40,000 jobs
* More than 5.8 million tickets to be sold, generating more than $US2 billion in ticketing revenue
* Candidate cities for games include: Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto, Guadalajara, Mexico City, Monterrey, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Dallas, Denver, LA, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington.
THE MOROCCO BID
* Billing itself as a bridge between cultures and civilisations, with an African anchor, a bridge to Europe and as a stalwart of the Arab and Islamic world
* Overall investment almost $US16 billion ($A21 billion), mostly on improving infrastructure
* Expected to generate an economic boost of almost $US2.7 billion for Morocco and to create 110,000 jobs
* Fourteen stadiums in 12 cities: Agadir, Casablanca (2), El Jadida, Fes, Marrakech (2), Meknes, Nador, Ouadja, Ouarzazate, Rabat, Tanger, Tetouan.