'Appalled': Footballer slammed for lockdown breach with lap dancers

Moise Kean faces punishment from his club Everton after breaching lockdown rules. Pic: Instagram

Everton have labelled Moise Kean's actions "unacceptable" after he flouted coronavirus lockdown restrictions.

The Premier League club and football community have been left fuming after the player filmed himself in a wild house party with friends in what is a clear breach of social distancing regulations during the COVID-19 pandemic.

BEHIND BARS: Former A-League player given landmark prison sentence

‘SHAME’: Piers Morgan blasts football star's 'disgraceful' act

The video was posted to a private Snapchat group with the subject: "quarantine clean".

In the footage several female lap dancers can be seen touching the crotches of several men gathered at the party.

The wild sex party reportedly didn’t wrap up until the early hours of the morning.

Kean is likely to face disciplinary action, with his club and fans bemused by the player’s lack of judgement.

"Everton Football Club was appalled to learn of an incident in which a first team player ignored Government guidance and club policy in relation to the coronavirus crisis," a club statement read.

"The club has strongly expressed its disappointment to the player and made it clear that such actions are completely unacceptable.

"Everton has regularly stressed the importance of following all the Government guidelines - including rules and advice for inside and outside of the home - through a series of official communications to all staff members, including players.

"The amazing people in the NHS deserve the utmost respect for their hard work and sacrifice. The best way to show them respect is by doing everything we can to protect them."

Kean is the latest Premier League player to flout the rules after Jack Grealish of Aston Villa and Manchester City's Kyle Walker were forced to apologise for breaching the restrictions while Tottenham Hotspur's Serge Aurier and Moussa Sissoko said sorry after training together last week.

Kean, a 20-year-old Italy international, joined Everton from Juventus on a five-year deal last summer but has failed to impress in his debut season in England, scoring just once in 26 games for the Toffees.

Arsenal players set to return to training at club

Meantime, fellow Premier League club Arsenal will re-open their training ground to players next week for individual training but will continue to observe social distancing rules.

Football in England was suspended indefinitely last month due to the virus and no clubs have been in training.

"Players will be permitted access to the Colney grounds next week," Arsenal said in a statement.

"Access will be limited, carefully managed and social distancing will be maintained at all times. All Colney buildings remain closed.

"Players will travel alone, do their individual workout and return home," the club added.

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus on March 12, which led to the Premier League postponing the next round of matches and none have been played since.

Arsenal spoke to all their players after Alexandre Lacazette, David Luiz, Nicolas Pepe and Granit Xhaka were pictured allegedly breaking social distancing guidelines.

Premier League clubs have been working on the basis that the earliest they may be allowed to resume training would be in early May.

The British government is expected to review current lockdown restrictions on May 7.

Should teams be allowed to train, it is expected they would need two to three weeks to get prepared to play competitive matches, making the earliest possible return in June.

But with the ban on mass public gatherings likely to be one of the last restrictions to be lifted, rescheduled games will almost certainly be held behind closed doors.

The Football League (EFL) which organises the three divisions below the Premier League, on Saturday highlighted testing of players and others involved in games as the key issue.

"Clearly, before any return to football can take place, suitable testing arrangements for participants must be in place and this is core to our current planning, as is ensuring there is absolutely no negative impact on the country's front-line workers, the Emergency services, League and Club staff members," the league said in a statement.

with Yahoo Sport staff