- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Cristiano Ronaldo has hit back in anger over reports he's trying to engineer a move back to Real Madrid.
Speculation over the Juventus superstar's future has heated up ever since the Italian side were knocked out of last season's Champions League by FC Porto.
'THIS IS BEAUTIFUL': World erupts over young fan's magical moment
'ONE OF THE GREATEST': World mourns death of legendary striker
'WHAT A DISGRACE': Fans rage over 'horrific' Premier League farce
Juventus signed Ronaldo in 2018 for an eye-watering €100 million ($A162m) from Madrid, with hopes the five-time Champions League winner could deliver European success for the Turin club.
Those hopes have so far failed to materialise at Juventus, who've suffered chastening exits in the knockout stages of Europe's premier club competition in successive seasons.
Ronaldo has most recently been linked with a return to Madrid, in reports since rubbished by the Spanish club and the player himself.
In a lengthy Instagram post, Ronaldo insisted that his "story at Real Madrid had been written", although he did not explicitly rule out a move away from Juve.
The legendary forward said flippant speculation about his future was "disrespectful" to both him and "to all the clubs involved in these rumours, as well as to their players and staff".
Ronaldo, Real Madrid dismiss reports
"There have been frequent news and stories associating me with a number of clubs in many different Leagues, with nobody ever being concerned about trying to find out the actual truth," Ronaldo added.
"I'm breaking my silence now to say that I can't allow people to keep playing around with my name. I remain focused on my career and in my work, committed and prepared for all the challenges that I have to face."
Ronaldo has been the subject of a series of rumours about his future over the off-season.
Earlier this week, Italian daily Corriere dello Sport said that his agent Jorge Mendes had offered the 36-year-old to Manchester City.
Other outlets said that Paris Saint-Germain were interested but stepped back once they pulled off the signing of the close season, bringing free agent Lionel Messi to the French capital.
Ronaldo's comments came after new Madrid coach Ancelotti said his side were not interested in the return of a man who fired the club to four Champions League triumphs.
Ancelotti coached Ronaldo in his first stint as manager of the Spanish giants between 2013 and 2015.
"Cristiano is a Real Madrid legend and he has all my love and respect. I have never considered signing him. We look forward," Ancelotti said on Twitter.
"I have never considered signing him. We are looking toward the future."
Cristiano es una leyenda del Real Madrid y tiene todo mi cariño y respeto. Nunca me he planteado ficharle. Miramos hacia adelante. #HalaMadrid
— Carlo Ancelotti (@MrAncelotti) August 17, 2021