F1 star Romain Grosjean has finally had his bandages removed after his horrific crash last year sent shockwaves through the motorsport community.
Grosjean suffered burns to his hands after his Haas car split in two, penetrating a metal barrier and erupting in flames at the Bahrain GP last year.
The car exploded in a ball of flames as F1 drivers looked on in horror.
Fortunately, the father-of-three was able to escape the wreckage with the help of the emergency crew.
The Frenchman, remarkably, was in hospital for a few days while requiring bandages to his severely burnt hands.
But after nearly six weeks, Grosjean showed his hands free of bandages for the first time.
Grosjean has been recovering at home in Switzerland since leaving the hospital only three days after the death-defying crash.
The dressings on his right hand were removed last month.
Dressing fully off and Petrus happy!!!
— Romain Grosjean (@RGrosjean) January 12, 2021
Grosjean praises emergency crew
The Frenchman in an Instagram post accompanying video of the footage pointed to "the moment I realised I was going to live".
He highlighted the professionalism of the marshal with the extinguisher and FIA doctor Ian Roberts.
"I told him he was a hero, he went into the fire as much as he could to save me," he said of Roberts.
"I felt Ian's hands pulling me over the barrier and knew I was safe. I remember every second of it and life will never be the same again, but I'm sure for the best," added the driver.
"I met with death and that is the worst feeling I ever had. But I'm alive and will enjoy every second of life and every small win in a much better way from now on."
Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.