The Nevada State Athletic Commission has dished out extended suspensions for three more people involved in the chaotic post-fight brawl that overshadowed UFC 229 last month.
The fiery scenes have continued to impact Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov, who are both suspended until their cases are heard on December 10.
But for Dillon Danis, McGregor’s training partner, and two of Khabib Nurmagomedov’s teammates, Abubakar Nurmagomedov and Zubaira Tukhogov, they have been implicated as well.
All three of the men were involved in the brawl outside the Octagon following Khabib’s win against McGregor at UFC 229 – with Danis the target of Khabib’s rampage.
Nevada chief deputy attorney general Caroline Bateman told MMA Junkie that all three men have not responded to initial complaints filed by her office, that were sent to them through a certified letter.
The men will be suspended “through the resolution of formal disciplinary action,” according to the report, which officials expect to be ready for review and hearing at the December meeting.
‘AN A**HOLE’: Dana White slams Waleed Aly again
“Video evidence reveals that immediately after the conclusion of the main event, (Danis), who worked the corner for Conor McGregor repeatedly motioned to Khabib Nurmagomedov with his arm to come over towards him,” Bateman said
“Nurmagomedov jumped over the cage towards the respondent, and the two men engaged in a fight and throw punches towards one another.”
Abubakar’s complaint was based on video evidence that showed him having “scaled the cage … and exchanged punches with McGregor while straddling the cage.”
Bateman also claimed that Tukhugov “unlawfully entered the cage by climbing over the fence…and punched McGregor one or more times before he was restrained by commission officials.”
NSAC chairman Anthony Marnell III told MMA Junkie that it is possible more complaints could be filed as they continue to gather evidence, but that they need more time to go through it all.
He also said that he expects both Khabib and McGregor to be present at their Dec. 10 hearing, unless they reach a settlement before then.
‘Trying to be an a**hole’: White slams Waleed Aly again
UFC boss Dana White has taken a second swipe at Waleed Aly over his ‘stupid and ridiculous’ interview on The Project.
Speaking to news.com at the GQ Man of the Year Awards on Wednesday night, White said Aly was simply “trying to be an a**hole”.
When asked if he thought Aly’s questions were tedious, White went on the attack.
“I don’t think it was tedious, I think it was stupid and ridiculous,” he said.
“I think for anybody who would think that that was set up, that we would take our biggest star, get him arrested and get him kicked out of the state of New York — the guy can’t fight in the state of New York any more, which is the biggest gate we ever did with Conor McGregor, which was $18 million.
“To even say something like that, you’re completely uneducated about the sport and you’re just trying to be an a**hole.”
Aly has been widely condemned after he took White to task over the authenticity of the UFC.
White is in Australia to attend the GQ awards, as well as promote UFC Fight Night 142 in Adelaide and UFC 234 in Melbourne next February.
However, the majority of his time on The Project was spent defending the integrity of his organisation, after Aly suggested the UFC was “all over” the recent Conor McGregor-Khabib Nurmagomedov drama.
White was particularly perturbed by Aly’s criticism that McGregor wasn’t suspended for his infamous attack on a bus carrying some of his fiercest UFC rivals, suggesting that the incident was ‘staged’.
with Yahoo Sports US.