Page 1 of 1
    Sort By:
    Newest First
    Oldest First
    Kipsy
    17 Jul 2009

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Thu 19 Jul 2012 08:54

MV - "I'm trying to get my head around all of this. It was only a few weeks ago he retired from one-day cricket.

What England have said to him is very simple - for Kevin to come back into one-day cricket he just needs to un-retire.

But there's now this IPL story, that's he's supposedly gone to England and said he'll play in one-day cricket if you allow him the full extent of the IPL. That's quite staggering, because that's Test cricket that he would miss in May, not one-day cricket.

It's worrying going into a Test series against South Africa that we're talking about these issues."

If a Manchester United player had come out and spoken about United the way Kevin has about England, what would happen to that player?

If Kevin is desperate to come back and play and get it sorted, then don't say anything in public and go and have the meetings. Drive to Andy Flower's house, have the meeting and sort it out yourself.

England do the best they can. It's now in players' contracts that players are available for three weeks of the IPL. It's not the whole six weeks but it is a compromise. England players get comparatively well paid, compared to the West Indies and New Zealand. They are very well-paid cricketers and all the players understand that.

You know when you sign an England contract that the ECB only allows three weeks, so you have to abide by that. When contract renewals come about in six weeks' time, I'm going to be fascinated to see whether Kevin gets offered one - I'm sure he will - and whether he will sign it.

Kipsy
    17 Jul 2009

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Thu 19 Jul 2012 08:55
    Kevin Pietersen has not been included in England's 30-man squad for the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.

Haha - The poms love a good drama don't they.
      ForumsVaughan chips in on KP
      Sign in to post and view your settings
      New User? Sign up

Latest

Top Rated

Most Discussed