Page 1 of 27
Sort By:
Newest First
Oldest First
frank
03 Aug 2009

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Sat 25 Dec 2010 11:30

well said peter j, that is fair comment.
jon...

Posted Thu 23 Dec 2010 22:09

Ryan Harris and Mitchell Johnson performed outstanding during the test match.

Fat Dad
07 Dec 2010

Posted Wed 22 Dec 2010 12:48
Perth is over moron
thefreak
09 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 22 Dec 2010 07:26
So what will the pom's side look like for the 4th test?

Strauss
Cook
Trott
Pietersen
Bell
Collingwood
Prior
Swann
Tremlett
Shazhad
Finn

I'd imagine the aussie side might be the same side with the green pitch and Siddle being on his home ground.
Adrian.
13 Nov 2010

Posted Wed 22 Dec 2010 07:05
Anderson has been ruled out of the 4th Test due to injury.
Peter J
06 Jan 2009

Posted Wed 22 Dec 2010 00:30

So Peter B, the banter from Beefy, Vaughan etc you label as arrogance, what because these comments come from the english.  Yeah they are wind up comments, and quite @%&#ic, but to label english arrogant with these comments frankly stinks of hipocracy.  So you telling me Glen Mcgraths 5 nil predictions are not arrogant, what because he is aussie?  Merv Hughes predicting that the aussies would comprehensively defeat england because we won our last 2 series against the "world powerhouses of Bangladesh and Pakistan"   Well he is stating that they are @%&# and by england beating them is nothing.  Well I remember australia losing to pakistan just before we smashed them!

Think you will find is that both sides come out with stupid comments so i suggest to you that you should not be so blinded with the press, they all come out with frankly outlandish claims and anyone who starts to take them remotely seriously is a fool.
peter b
09 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 20 Dec 2010 14:40
What a tosser you are rahul. You sound indian, so if we're going to talk doctored pitches you had better be very very careful. Perth has always been quick and both sides had their chances. 0-81 chasing 268 was the scenario. A biiiiig choke by the to and froms was the result.

As for arrogance, have you been listening to Beefy, Vaughan and Co? vaughan called this series a warm up for the fight for top spot between England and India.
Fat Dad
07 Dec 2010

Posted Mon 20 Dec 2010 07:48
HilfenHorsey is going better than Siddle.

By the North/Hussey precedent, Hughes can suck for 2 years without fear of a rocket.
Adrian.
13 Nov 2010

Posted Mon 20 Dec 2010 07:02
An unchanged 12 for the 4th Test..

Hughes is averaging 16 in Shield cricket this season and took his poor form into the 3rd Test and it showed with scores of 2 and 12..

Talk about luck...he should buy a lotto ticket..

PS, i will check later to see the usual suspects on here reply with..

"On his day he can score big"....

Also the Horsey (Pontings boyfriend) is still in but could end up being drinks waiter if Beer plays..

Fat Dad
07 Dec 2010

Posted Sun 19 Dec 2010 22:37
Khawaja for Boxing Day
Orrightfella
20 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 19 Dec 2010 20:37

They might be easy leaves KP but no runs flowing from the bat builds pressure, if you're on ten for 5 or 6 overs you start wondering where you should get your next score. Carp or not, they still didn't score and anyone who's played cricket knows that as a batsmen you start thinking about where to get runs when you haven't made any in a few overs.

Only the IPL? I dont think we've heard the half of it from the ICL ;)

Loki- why are you trying to outwit the witless like zoof? No matter how correct or intelligent your argument is with zoof he's just not smart enough to get it.

I  agree, Smiths OK, juts a matter of time. I give Hughes the first test back, was always going to be hit and miss and the form wasn't exactly all it could be. I disagree with Ponting though, I reckon Ian Chappell was right when he said the footwork was there, he just hasn't had the luck, and a couple of ordinary shots. Clarke looks more gone than Johnson did.
Kaiju Power
18 Dec 2010

Posted Sun 19 Dec 2010 20:35
Hey Zoot, put on a MS Donkey mask and Rahul will love it.

Not much chance of a greentop there.
Kaiju Power
18 Dec 2010

Posted Sun 19 Dec 2010 20:32

Australia have picked an unchanged 12 for Melbourne and have the option of adding a standby player if Ponting's injury continues to be a problem. Phillip Hughes and Steven Smith held their spots after unconvincing contributions and Michael Beer retains his place as Australia seek stability.

-----------

Oh, oh.

An unchanged 12.

What about Hauritz, wicket taking form and 2 centuries on the trot? Hope its not flat beer in Melbourne. Who will miss out on playing - Captain's favourite, the Horse, or Victorian Siddle?

I think they will add Huss jnr as cover for Ponting. And I wouldn't be sad if the finger didn't come up. Clarke set much better, less funkier, fields than Ponting. Based on getting people out by nicks, not in someleg side trap. And he didn't feel compelled to bowl the Horse first up.
Loki
09 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 19 Dec 2010 20:26

Keep it up Zoof, we wouldnt have have been able to win without you there to support us. That Nationalistic pride and blind faith makes such a difference to the side. Not too mention your grasp of the English language, i mean that must have just put the aristocratic English off their game - without your fancy words they would have maintained an air of superiority. Once word got out you were calling them soap dodgers they just lot the plot.
You deserve a reward  -go grab Rahul over there and cornho//ole him to your little hearts content.. You can even be the butch.
Kaiju Power
18 Dec 2010

Posted Sun 19 Dec 2010 20:15
Hey pencilneck Rahul.

I know anything with more life than rolled mud means a greentop to you. But it wasn't. It was a WACA pitch - pace and bounce. Not an indian superhighway for flat track bullies like MS Donkey.
As someone else mentioned below, if it was, the poms are great on complaining. They wouldn't be holding back. So its fine my little squeezer.

Now if its scandal you want to look at, I've got 3 letters for you - IPL. 

This post has been edited 1 time by Kaiju Power.
Last Edited Sun 19 Dec 2010 20:20
Matt
23 Nov 2009

Posted Sun 19 Dec 2010 20:14

ok guys I'll give you Smith as I don't know much about him, and obviously he's one of the top 6 batsmen in this country.:eek

Hughes isn't an openers bootlace, sorry but aint changing that opinion.

Clark is as soft as a pensioners @%&#.

Ponting is as tough as old boots, but the end is a coming.

We got not much from Horse and Siddle- alls I'm a saying is we're not out of the woods and Melb could turn very nasty.

Ps - i hate the poms with a passion.
Kaiju Power
18 Dec 2010

Posted Sun 19 Dec 2010 20:09
To those who knocked Hilfy- maidens builds pressure whether the batsmen is leaving balls outside off or not.

---------

They were carp overs. Easy leaves 6 balls in an over to balls going from the hand only one way. No pressure. It took an appalling shot from ther K factor to get a wicket.

Hilfy almost teared up this morning when his captain wasn't there to put him on for 10 pity overs of tripe. Instead, Clarke to his credit put the 2 strike bowlers on and it was over.   
Orrightfella
20 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 19 Dec 2010 19:52
Imagine a poster using an Indian name talking about producing pitches that suit the home bowlers (or batsmen for that matter, considering the Indians can only play on flat pitches). The form the Australian bowlers were in compared to the English suggested it was THEY who would benefit most froma green top.

I wrote of Mitch Johnson but was happy to have egg on my face. I wanted himn to come good but never thought he would. Harris bowled quite well in Adelaide without reward, the Perth pitch was exactly to his liking.

Does Hussey need to be written off these days to show his best? 500+ runs so far suggests his mojo is back.

Ponting and Clarke need runs Matt but fair go on Hughes and Smith. Hughes has the class as does Smith to make a go of it so they need time.

To those who knocked Hilfy- maidens builds pressure whether the batsmen is leaving balls outside off or not. Sooner or later they have to take their chances to get runs and it told at the other end against Johnson and Harris.

On Johnson- he is the only real class bowler in the series. When he is on he is just the best. Anderson is very good for England but Johnson at his best showed how much better he is. No way Anderson can take wickets like Johnson did in the 1st innings.
Loki
09 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 19 Dec 2010 19:49
Smiths the least of our worries - hell find his way at a good rate.
Clarke seems to have lost the footwork that got him to where he is . Ponting and Hughes? WTF is going on there? Hughes looked out his depth.... i know hes not but he looked like hed have trouble getting into a State side on what we saw in Perth. Punters a shadow of the great bat he was not too long ago, something is seriously amiss and the pressure is just getting stronger, maybe he doesnt know that hes 36.
Matt
23 Nov 2009

Posted Sun 19 Dec 2010 19:40

Chuck Australia are still in trouble....

Ponting

Clark

Smith

Hughes

could all fail again, we didn't play well, apart from a couple of players. England were just worse.
ForumsPerth the 3rd Test
Sign in to post and view your settings
New User? Sign up

Latest

Top Rated

Most Discussed