Page 1 of 1
    Sort By:
    Newest First
    Oldest First
    Kipsy
    17 Jul 2009

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Wed 18 Jul 2012 13:22
    ODI squad David Warner, Matthew Wade (wk), Michael Clarke (capt), George Bailey, Callum Ferguson, Michael Hussey, David Hussey, Daniel Christian, Steven Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Johnson, Xavier Doherty, James Pattinson, Clint McKay, Mitchell Starc

T20 squad David Warner, Shane Watson, Matthew Wade (wk), David Hussey, Michael Hussey, George Bailey (capt), Cameron White, Daniel Christian, Glenn Maxwell, Brad Hogg, Xavier Doherty, Clint McKay, Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Ben Hilfenhaus.

I'm more confident and interested in these squads. Not so sure about Cummins, he never seems fit enough for long enough.

The selectors will also surely have the "big picture" in mind (The Ashes) - so I wouldn't get too distracted by the shorter versions of the game at this stage Kip.

Unless of course you're happy to be lolled into a false sense of security?? Haha

Cheers!

Kipsy
    17 Jul 2009

Posted Wed 18 Jul 2012 13:20

You may have overstated the situation just a little - no?

I'm personally relieved that Brett Lee has retired. In his prime he was excellent, especially when he was hurting batsmen. In recent times however he hasn't been much chop.

How or why they kept selecting him is anyone's guess. Goodbye Brett - enjoy your retirement.

Peter Forrest - Pedestrian.
    Dave Warner - Not sure he is suited to the 50 over game.

Other than that - what was the series all about anyway? Blow in with little or no preparation play 5 games on teh trot and #$%$ off. Huh?

I'm more looking forward to the UAE tour against Pakistan.
    (here's a tip - the UAE is in the middle east and not the sub-continent Kip)

Australia have called up the uncapped allrounder Glenn Maxwell for their ODI and Twenty20 matches against Pakistan in the UAE. The batsman Callum Ferguson has also been recalled to the one-day side, having last played for Australia more than a year ago, and Cameron White has been named in the T20 squad, six months after losing the national captaincy to George Bailey.

Michael Hussey will return in both formats, having missed the tour of England due to the premature birth of his child, and Peter Forrest has been dropped. The inclusion of Maxwell, 23, has come after his impressive performances for Hampshire in the Friends Life t20 this year - he has made 178 runs at 59.33 and a strike rate of 178.

In February 2011, Maxwell scored the quickest half-century in Australia's domestic one-day history when he brought up his fifty in 19 balls for Victoria against Tasmania, and his powerful striking has proved useful in all formats. Also a handy offspinner and an agile fieldsman, Maxwell has now emerged as a potential selection for the World T20 in Sri Lanka in September, along with fellow spinners Brad Hogg and Xavier Doherty, who will also play in the UAE.

mip
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Sat 14 Jul 2012 03:21
    Agreed
    kip
    22 Aug 2009

Posted Fri 13 Jul 2012 19:47

Indeed

But if that is the case virtually the whole of the Aussie squad should retire

I have never seen an Aussie outfit as poor and demotivated as the recent tour here in England.

In one ODI  they were laughing , joking and playing around when getting hammered by England

A shambles!

Michael Clarke's comment the other day that he wants Australia to reclaim number one in all forms of the game is simply laughable.

Talking the talk rather than ...........

Although Australia are our great rivals I respect past Aussie teams for their competitiveness and professional approach.

This lot need sorting out fast so we can return to real competitive cricket.

kip
      ForumsLee - "loss of desire"
      Sign in to post and view your settings
      New User? Sign up

Latest

Top Rated

Most Discussed