'Never acceptable': Jofra Archer details disgusting racial abuse

England bowler Jofra Archer has condemned racist abuse on social media after posting messages he has received.

The 24-year-old, who helped England win the 2019 World Cup, screenshot racist messages from an individual and posted them on his Instagram story on Monday evening.

'WHAT WAS THAT': Cricket world in disbelief over baffling dismissal

LYNNSANITY RETURNS: Chris Lynn makes 'brutal' cricket history

He commented below the messages saying: “I (have) given a lot of thought about reacting to this and I hope that no one else has to deal with stuff like this on a regular basis, it isn't ever acceptable and should be addressed properly in my opinion.

“I will never understand how people feel so freely to say these things to another human being it baffles me.”

Jofra Archer in action against Australia during the Ashes. (Photo by Mike Egerton/PA Images via Getty Images)

It is the not the first time that Archer has spoken out about racist abuse.

He was racially abused at the end of the first Test against New Zealand as he scored a second-innings 30 during England's defeat in Mount Maunganui last November.

Archer, who received the abuse as he walked back to the pavilion at the Bay Oval, said on Twitter after the match: “A bit disturbing hearing racial insults today while battling to help save my team.

“The crowd has been amazing this week except for that one guy. The Barmy Army was good as usual also."

New Zealand Cricket announced in January that a 28-year-old man, who admitted the offence, had been banned from attending international and domestic games in New Zealand for two years.

Jofra Archer in action for England in the Ashes. (Photo by Stu Forster/Getty Images)

NSW declared Sheffield Shield winners

Meanwhile, New South Wales have been declared the winners of this season's Sheffield Shield as Cricket Australia (CA) advises all lower-tier competitions to shut down.

CA suspended the shield season with one round remaining in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, with NSW 12 points clear at the top of the table from next-best Victoria.

CA chief executive Kevin Roberts says it was an unanimous decision to award the Blues the shield with no prospect of a final being played as scheduled from March 27.

He said the Blues' big lead after nine rounds contributed to the agreement to award them the title rather than finish the season with a non-winner.

“A decision has been made at the state and territory chairman level together with our chairman, Earl Eddings, to cancel the Sheffield Shield final,” Roberts said.

“It's really disappointing but it's the right thing to do in the circumstances and congratulations to NSW.

“By effectively cancelling the remainder of our season, Cricket Australia is playing its part in protecting fans, players, staff, volunteers and match officials during this unprecedented global health issue.”