Shocking moment reporter robbed at gunpoint during live TV cross

Sam Goodwin
·Sports Editor
·2-min read
Diego Ordinola, pictured here being robbed at gunpoint outside the football stadium.
Diego Ordinola was robbed at gunpoint outside the football stadium. Image: Diego Ordinola/Twitter

This is the shocking moment a news reporter was robbed at gunpoint during a live TV cross to a football stadium in Ecuador.

Diego Ordinola was reporting for DirecTV Sports outside the Isidro Romero Carbo Monumental Stadium when the terrifying incident occurred.

WOW: Fans in shock over coach's 'appalling' rape comments

‘BREATHTAKING’: Fans lose it over 'world class' Liverpool moment

Ordinola was left staring down the barrel of a gun when a man approached him and reportedly demanded his phone and wallet.

Wearing a face mask and a cap, the man then pointed the gun at the cameraman and film crew.

As you can see in the video above, one of the crew handed over their phone and the man scurried away.

The crew then filmed the man's getaway, watching on as he jumped on the back of a motorbike and sped away.

Ordinola uploaded the footage to Twitter, writing: "We can't even work quietly, this happened at 1pm outside the Monumental Stadium.

"The @PoliceEcuador promised to find these criminals."

The footage was retweeted thousands of times, with Ordinola receiving dozens of messages of support.

One follower even claimed to have figured out the number plate of the motorbike.

"Thank you all for your messages of solidarity, I appreciate it very much," Ordinola wrote.

"Let's unite to eradicate crime in Ecuador."

The man, pictured here making his getaway.
The film crew recorded the man making his getaway. Image: Diego Ordinola/Twitter

Manchester City go 10 points clear in EPL

Meanwhile, Manchester City are surging towards another Premier League title after 3-1 win over Everton on Wednesday.

City now own a 10-point lead, a 12-match winning streak and 17-straight victories in all competitions.

The Toffees were the latest team brushed aside by Pep Guardiola's side, with City opening up the biggest lead yet in the league this season.

Making the evening all the sweeter for Guardiola was the sight of his star player Kevin De Bruyne back on the field in a brief cameo as a substitute after a month out injured.

Everything seems to be falling into place as City close in on reclaiming the title from Liverpool.

City were being held 1-1 heading into the final half hour, after Everton forward Richarlison canceled out the deflected opener by Phil Foden, when Riyad Mahrez conjured up the moment of the match at Goodison Park.

Cutting in from the right in the 63rd, Mahrez took aim from the edge of the area and curled a shot in off the far post to restore the visitors' lead for good.

with AAP

Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.