Celtic win again as Postecoglou brings up century

In Ange Postecoglou's 100th game in charge, his Celtic side have come from behind to beat Hearts 3-1 at Parkhead.

Closest rivals Rangers also bounced back from an early setback at Hibernian as both Glasgow sides recorded victories, leaving the gap at the top of the Scottish Premiership at nine points.

That made it eight straight league wins each since Celtic and Rangers shared a 2-2 draw in January's derby clash.

Hearts took an early lead at Parkhead when Andrew Halliday's cross was headed in by Josh Ginnelly, the goal finally given after an initial offside and a lengthy VAR check.

Celtic equalised midway through the first period when Daizen Maeda slid in from six yards to meet compatriot Kyogo Furuhashi's cross which was also initially flagged offside.

The hosts took the lead on the hour mark when Aaron Mooy supplied Furuhashi, who finished emphatically. They sealed victory through Sead Haksabanovic's strike with six minutes left.

"We weren't great, we weren't as fluent as we have been," former Australia coach Postecoglou said.

"We didn't really get into a rhythm we like to get into, and forced things early in the game.

"But the lads showed strong mentality and the best part was probably the quality of our goals."

Hearts were disappointed Celtic's Argentine fullback Alexandro Bernabei remained on the pitch after a first-half challenge that left Socceroos defender Nathaniel Atkinson poleaxed.

"Usually you come to Parkhead and need a decapitation before you get a red card against them," frustrated Hearts boss Robbie Neilson said.

"It wasn't to be. It was nearly a leg off but if the head came off we might have got it."

Rangers kept the pressure on with a fine display at Easter Road.

Hibs hit the front eight minutes in when Connor Goldson put through his own goal but Rangers had an instant response after Ryan Kent was brought down inside the area and James Tavernier converted from the spot.

Antonio Colak, Fashion Sakala and a second for Colak made it 4-1.

Meanwhile, Socceroo Aziz Behich scored in the second half as Dundee United ended a run of seven league defeats on the bounce with a 1-1 draw at Livingston.

Livi hit the front inside 13 minutes when Joel Nouble picked out Steven Bradley inside the box who finished from close range but Behich's strike just before the hour mark sent both sides home with a point.