Boosted by the biggest win of his fledgling career, Aussie teen sensation Alex de Minaur is confident he can extend his Wimbledon love affair beyond the second round.
The 19-year-old faces French doubles specialist Pierre-Hugues Herbert on Thursday and victory could potentially see him take on world No.1 Rafael Nadal in round three.
De Minaur broke into the world's top 100 last month and chalked up his maiden win at a grand slam in a three-hour slugfest with Roland Garros semi-finalist Marco Cecchinato.
Having reached the final of the Wimbledon junior event in 2016, the Sydneysider has fond memories of the All England Club and aims to stick around as long as possible.
"It's amazing, I have been playing some really good tennis on grass, and my over Marco really helps me," de Minaur said.
"Beating a high-quality player, who is in-form, just gives me a confidence boost and I am keen to keep it going and see where it takes me."
De Minaur and Herbert have never met on court before and the Frenchman also goes into the match with a good first-round win behind him after knocking out last week's Eastbourne champion Mischa Zverev.
"I have seen him play a couple of times," said de Minaur.
"He's an awkward player and a very good on grass player as well.
"It's going to be another very interesting match and I can't wait to be back out there."
Former Wimbledon champion Lleyton Hewitt has been working alongside de Minaur and his coaching staff during the grass-court season and the world No.80 said the contribution of the Davis Cup captain has been a huge help.
"He's just told me how important it is to keep going and maintain my composure even when things are going against me," he said.
"Like him, I like to leave everything out there on every point.
"That mentality has helped me get to where I am now."