Scotland cops two-match ban

Sportal January 23, 2013, 8:50 pm

Carlton veteran Heath Scotland has been hit with a club-imposed two-match ban after he pleaded guilty to an assault charge last year.

Scotland has also been ordered to make a $3000 donation to a relevant charity.

The charge relates to an incident he was involved in at the Mulwala Ski Club in January 2012.

He will still be able to play in the Blues' NAB Cup campaign, but will have to play the opening two rounds of the season for Carlton's VFL affiliate the Northern Blues.

Carlton general manager of football Andrew McKay said the ban was give due to Scotland not meeting the club's high expectations for player conduct.

"The Club is very disappointed in Heath's actions as they did not uphold Carlton's core values and behaviours," he said.

"Heath has expressed considerable remorse for his actions and will make the $3000 donation to Les Twentyman's 20th Man organisation, who he has worked closely with over the past 12 months.

"Heath understands this is a serious matter and accepts the club's reasoning for the two game suspension and donation."

Scotland will miss the traditional opening-round clash against Richmond as well as a Round 2 blockbuster against Collingwood.

Show:
Newest First
Oldest First
Top Rated
Most Replies

1 Comments

  1. bluebag07:57am Thursday 24th January 2013 ESTReport Abuse

    Carlton, please, you impose a two match ban on Scotland, yet let him play NAB Cup and Reserve grade. Where is the suspension? Other club supporters will have a field day, stupid decision.

    Reply
COMPARE & SAVE