Ablett doesn't rule out coming home

Sportal September 14, 2012, 12:09 pm
Gary Ablett

Getty Images © Enlarge photo

Gold Coast skipper Gary Ablett has fuelled speculation he may eventually return to Victoria after refusing to say he'd remain at the Suns after his current contract expires.

Ablett is tied to a five-year deal with Gold Coast that started in 2011, but speaking on ''The Footy Show'' on Thursday night, the 28-year-old simply said he would be addressing questions over his future in three years time.

"I'm just concentrating on the next three years," Ablett declared.

"I do miss my family and friends, but I am enjoying my time up there, it's a fantastic club and we've got great people around it."

For the second consecutive season, the Suns only posted three victories, but with the club being increasingly competitive over the second half of 2012, some success may not be too far around the corner.

And achieving that success with the Glitter Strip club may just satisfy the former Geelong champion.

"It kind of depends on what happens in the next three years. If we're lucky enough to get a premiership or two in that time I might even give the game away and move back down here," Ablett said.

"But I'm not sure, it's too far away to answer that question."

1. Anthony08:11pm Friday 14th September 2012 ESTReport Abuse

@STEVEN didnt know the stupid poms played footy cause its a mans game....its not for you poms...your just not made for it

2. LeighSydneyChina07:33pm Friday 14th September 2012 ESTReport Abuse

jesus is god.... NOOOOO Ablett is god..... but even he cannot raise the dead.... well the suns will not shine as premiers...

3. JESUS is GOD03:22pm Friday 14th September 2012 ESTReport Abuse

REPENT AND BELIEVE

4. Anthony02:34pm Friday 14th September 2012 ESTReport Abuse

you are years away from a premiership ablett....if you think think you will win a premiership in the next 2 years your living in a dream world

5. Jeff02:06pm Friday 14th September 2012 ESTReport Abuse

Ha Ha - a premiership for the Suns in the next 2 or 3 years? dream on McDuff!