Page 1 of 1
Sort By:
Newest First
Oldest First
Killabee
24 Jan 2010

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Tue 14 Dec 2010 13:57

The Gold Coast is the crucible for a second AFL Interstate placement in Qld. The Bears opened their account at Carrara, many moons past with Warwick Capper, a supporting cast and a lot of hoopla. Johnny Gastev and some Westerners left Perth to enjoy the Beaches, Lifestyle and the challenge of helping to establish a new Franchise in a less than Aust. Football code established State with however, many "Mexicans" who had moved North for the same "Lifestyle" reasons. The rest is History, after "absorbing" the Lions from Melbourne, When the Footascray Puppies had their fill, the ex Bears, now Lions moved to Brisvegas and after a lot of spin and subsidy, pulled a 3peat which saw the initial indignity of West Coast and Adelaide "stealing" the Holy Grail Interstate, fade into inconsequence and howls of charges about undue support to the detriment of Vic Clubs in general. A unique Squeal to be sure!

So speaking of Eggs, breaking to make an omelette, or Sunny Side up, is it best Free Range or Battery style. The way this establishment has gone, it is more Battery styled with the "Evereadys" being clipped off the other Clubs belts.
It remains to see if the groundbreakers like Gastev in the early years who stayed over to assist with the Game's development pays dividends in home grown talent, in the meantime, they have had and will enjoy an unprecedented advantage, as will GWS.
Will it be Armagedon for the rest...not likely, Market Share willing.
GT
17 Oct 2008

Posted Tue 14 Dec 2010 14:19
I like my eggs off the farm, get about 20 a day. Have got two clutches of chicks atm and two hens sitting on about 30 eggs.

Guinea Fowl eggs are ok too, get 15 bucks a bird for the ones with a coupla months on their side ... makes for a good little pocket money spinner for the missus and tin lids.

On topic now ..

I reckon the GC will thrive and prosper. Young men would like the lifestyle and climate up there so I reckon it won't be hard to keep 'em on the list & happy.
GT
17 Oct 2008

Posted Tue 14 Dec 2010 14:22
Can expect plentya good young LOCAL talent to make the grade too.
ferratuss

Posted Wed 15 Dec 2010 09:02

sounds like heaven GT-do you have foxes in WA?20eggs a day ;you would have to sell most of the or do you feed them to the horses?
GT
17 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 15 Dec 2010 09:41
Foxes, crows and bloody lizards, if we're not onto 'em they eat more than their fair share of chicks and eggs.

The neighbours get eggs from us and for that we get neighbourly love .... great friendship 'round here.

Have found that a mongrel breed like bantam cross are the best to keep & make for great mums ... even hatch out the Guinea Fowl. They also scratch around and do their thing but not like those big black hen or Isa Browns who DESTROY the gardens.

Permaculture needs chooks and worms for the whole shebang to work ... hope you get your block one day Ratuss & have fun as we do.

On topic - think I may have miss3 ready to start cheering for the Goldie Suns.
GT
17 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 15 Dec 2010 09:55
Let's see how this comes out.

ferratuss

Posted Wed 15 Dec 2010 10:02
is that a round yard in the back round? looks really good area-what are those hill in the back round-they call the south west corner of WA swanland don,t they?still pretty dry in your area but grain yields are of a very high quality but low quanity
GT
17 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 15 Dec 2010 10:08
Those "hills" are the Stirling Ranges
ferratuss

Posted Wed 15 Dec 2010 10:11
those blue drums come in handy-he,s got a nice coat
ferratuss

Posted Wed 15 Dec 2010 10:21
shares are going mental so could be on that farm very soon-have picked out a place just outside of geelong-missus reckons I,m getting very ones hopes up-we,ll see.money is becoming tight  for property market-all the while I,m making bucket loads on the market:)
ferratuss

Posted Wed 15 Dec 2010 10:31
sounds promising-spoke too soon about shares just took a 6k hit but trending up.they zig zag up and if they go up too quick the smarties move in and take their profits-still400k short of farm but closing quickly.horse poo good for methane production too:)
scarpi
30 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 15 Dec 2010 13:18

nice looking horse gt
ferratuss

Posted Thu 16 Dec 2010 10:16
tried to google your area GT around stirling ranges-not many rivers or creeks from what I could see but map wasn,t that good.got 3 yrs to get dosh for farm-will keep working till I drop-get myself a town house and send the shielias to the bush-3 women in one house is just too much-things are looking up workwise and could be earning some real mola quite soon.but you are one lucky B used your brains and got what you wanted-good on yar
GT
17 Oct 2008

Posted Fri 17 Dec 2010 02:16
$38 dollar winner today and backed the last four winners to boot .... don't worry 'bout mountains or some flash resort/training facility in Vic, got three galloping tracks, two lakes, a man made horse swimming trench and the best fresh race horse tukka around. 

Have been on the grog for a few hours (so excuse the exuberance) and have just cracked a bottle of Chivas ... won't tell how much I won today but am looking for an XB four door GT if'n anyone's got a gooden on the market, oh and my flying lessons will start in the new year.

Go the KID !!!!

Here he is at home last month

GT
17 Oct 2008

Posted Fri 17 Dec 2010 02:39
Just watched the race on replay for the sixth time and he'll sh!t in again next start.

I'll see if I can get an across the line pic, He came from 13th on the turn in a 1200m race in a 15 horse field down the outside to snatch the race, payin' 38 bucks ! Has won a a few races when drawn out wide .. our horses like it tough.

Back to the Chivas.
ferratuss

Posted Fri 17 Dec 2010 08:28
bl00dy good set up-I,ll start out small and with a bit of luck the girls will turn it into something big-had a look at african play best I can do is about 2mil-a tad dissapointing but a start-that horse of yours could be something special good luck:)
ferratuss

Posted Fri 17 Dec 2010 10:50
just had a quick look at the bills piling up-2 mil would come in handy-energy bill gone from 180  5yrs ago to 500 now per month -they pay every tom @%&# and harry 100k-talk about power crazy-who can afford these prices?
ferratuss

Posted Fri 17 Dec 2010 11:13

youngest daughter has just destroyed her third car-I buy em they break em-the deal works for them-stops me buying penny dreadfulls-which I love doing with a passion.the girls are end users after they have had em for couple of yrs-scrap that,s all they are-but they,re happy except when they are all bitxhing at each other-give me strenght
Killabee
24 Jan 2010

Posted Fri 17 Dec 2010 12:04
LOL, like I said before Elliot Ratuss, anytime I feel downtrodden, I just need to read one of your monologues.
\
I know we love them, but...LOL, they certainly have a talent for overlooking the obvious. I suppose why should they sweat the small stuff, is only a car after all!
Then, they aren't booching, they're negotiating the subtleties of Feminity, mysteries of which we can't expect to understand, wrong hormone blend for such comprehension. There are ancilliary benefits to that though. Like not having to bear Children, just the bills!

Nice Ponies GT. Be nice to know the Kids Stage name! ;)
What are the Livery Colours? Red & White!?
ForumsMarking the FootballSunnyside Up
Sign in to post and view your settings
New User? Sign up

Top Rated

Most Discussed