Posted Fri 31 Dec 2010 18:44
    A safe holiday period for all of us. 

Happy New Year 2011!!
    ISC
    09 Oct 2008

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Fri 31 Dec 2010 21:40
    And to you tiggy.

and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the armpits of the dumbone and his clown sidekick..
    Matt
    23 Nov 2009

Posted Sat 01 Jan 2011 10:48
    Yep Happy new year MTFer's- seems Fevfoola had a great night and ended the yr with a bang.Hope he slept well in the slammer.lol
    Adrian.
    13 Nov 2010

Posted Sat 01 Jan 2011 11:48
    HNY to all my lovely friends on MTF...all 2 of you

Keep safe and healthy...if not and I see you blind drunk in the gutter I will inform the Collingwood cheer squad I have found them another member
    GT
    17 Oct 2008

Posted Sat 01 Jan 2011 14:13

AVAGOODONE one and all.

Fogs
    28 Jul 2009

Posted Wed 12 Jan 2011 15:37

HAppy new year all.
    Just got back from holidays in ZImbabwe. Spent NYE chasing a hyena after he nicked the esky..he only got a loaf of bread
    Kingerik
    30 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 12 Jan 2011 16:53

back at ya Fogs

sounds like a good holiday .. as long as the beer was safe ;)
    Fogs
    28 Jul 2009

Posted Wed 12 Jan 2011 18:26

Nope the beer was in a big ENGEL fridge, even a Hyena cant open that.

Amazing that i have come back and not one eagle has been in the news for being a bad boy...give it time i guess.

How the hell do you put photos on here
    ferratuss

Posted Thu 13 Jan 2011 07:20
    have a good you all-isc I hope you know this flood has burst the real estate bubble,just like katrina did in the US-it took 2yrs but it did happen.my guess is it won,t take as long here in oz to set in.you know all that stuff about how good our banks are-all crup if wasn,t for a bail out from the US fed they all would have gone under.sounds like bad news except treat it as a timely warning
    Kingerik
    30 Oct 2008

Posted Thu 13 Jan 2011 14:46
    ferra - only in the affect areas *shakes head*

it will affect you in another state by your ocst of food etc.... not real estate
    nik...

Posted Thu 13 Jan 2011 14:57

Have we heard from Nye and chucker prior to the qld disaster, and any othr people who could be battling the waters atm, thinking of you all at this time :-)
    Terry
    22 Dec 2008

Posted Thu 13 Jan 2011 17:24
    Nikki hawk01
    Thanks For your thoughts at this Time my family and I live in Ipswich and we were among the lucky ones who live on the top of the hills.

We also were lucky that we had some warning it was coming those poor devils in Toowoomba and those towns in the Lockyer Valley had no chance.Toowoomba if you dont know is about 2200ft above sea level on the great dividing range and you dont expect that amount of water and then it pour downed the range.

I Don,t know about Mr Nye but I think Mr chucker Lives down the coast and he should be alright it is a little hard to get around atm
    but the water should down on the weekend and we can access the damage then.

Thanks Go the pies( terry)

Killabee
    24 Jan 2010

Posted Thu 13 Jan 2011 17:31

Was at Enoggera Barracks in '74 with 6RAR. Will never forget that mess. And this time, it's twice as big!
    My heart goes out to the victims, families and the Elderly. In '74 as now, they will be harshly hit. It is difficult to start all over again, many will not recover when a lifetime goes down the River or in a slimy, mangled mess into a Tip Truck.

Let's not forget Queensland, and Queenslanders in 2011.
    F..k the Politics, leave that to the Babies, and forget the Rivalries, it's about the Grass Roots Aussie Families.

Except for the Bears, LOL, errr sorry...not really!
    Killabee
    24 Jan 2010

Posted Thu 13 Jan 2011 17:33

Yeah, I got Family in Ipswich area as well, perched on hills!
    Chucker
    07 Nov 2008

Posted Thu 13 Jan 2011 17:38

Thanks for the thoughts, Nikki

Gold Coast is remarkably unscathed, compared to the rest of the state, and we have all sailed through unharmed and undamaged.
    Having grown up in Toowoomba, it was very upsetting to see how the place got hammered though..
    Havent heard from Nye, or Cooper for a while.  Hope they are going okay

Cheers

Crackles
    15 Nov 2009

Posted Thu 13 Jan 2011 18:16
    Chucker....... I was talking to Coops on face book, he is OK, he said the power went off this morning, but quickly came back on.
    He said he lives near a hospital and that maybe the reason for the restoration of the power so quickly.
    Crackles
    15 Nov 2009

Posted Thu 13 Jan 2011 18:32

Ah Rat you're a sad little bloke, everything to you revolves around the stock market.

The price of food such as, fresh fruit and veges will have a major effect on the economy more so than the price of your shares !!

To be honest with you we have more pressing issues such as making the people safe, giving them fresh food and water and when it is all over restoring their housing and trying to get their lives back together !!

When we had the fires here in Victoria I wasn't yet visiting this forum, I hope whilst our state was burning to the ground that all you was thinking of was NOT your fn shares !!
    ferratuss

Posted Fri 14 Jan 2011 07:42
    the shares are doing very well thanks crackles
    ferratuss

Posted Fri 14 Jan 2011 08:02
    plus I wasn,t talking about my shares when stating the obvious that the real estate boom is over.people are begining to realise that bricks and mortar aren,t bullet proof.interest rates will have to rise the majority of the victims will go under because both the qld government and the federal government are broke.the banks are sitting on liablities not assests and it doesn,t take much bad debt to sink a bank.the whole misappropiation of resourses is going to be realised and the bubble will burst
      ForumsMarking the FootballHappy New Year to all MTF
      Sign in to post and view your settings
      New User? Sign up

Top Rated

Most Discussed