Eagles are BACK!!!

ForumsMarking the FootballEagles are BACK!!!
Page 1 of 2
Sort By:
Newest First
Oldest First
Killabee
24 Jan 2010

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Sun 27 Mar 2011 22:45

;)
Matt
23 Nov 2009

Posted Mon 28 Mar 2011 09:23

Congrats killa, a great game I thought.Was disappointed with the result,but the better team won.Big Cox had a field day:)
Killabee
24 Jan 2010

Posted Mon 28 Mar 2011 18:01
Tx Matt, very sporting of you mate.
Sadly I missed the game, at work, and my daughters, who were supposed to be going instead, decided to work extra hours! Chip off the Old Blocks I'm afraid. Disappointed because I would have given the seats to someone who could/would go. Always love going to the North-Eags games at Subi, North always get off the Bus!!
As with last Season's Home Game against the Cats until injured, Adam Selwood kept Gaz quite until then, he did the job on Harvey apparently.
Sounds like your debutant Fixit Ruck played a big hand. Good to see so many younguns doing the Biz for both Clubs. There is a yawning gap between Collingwood and Essendon to the rest of the Comp this year I suspect, but, on any given day..!!?? Plus that will start to diminish over next 23 Seasons.
Good luck for the Year Kangas, we seem to have lost our B & F for the Season already!
Adrian.
13 Nov 2010

Posted Mon 28 Mar 2011 18:42
North will more often than not give you value for money..

As for those nobs St Kilda they can shove their style up their cracks..
ferratuss

Posted Mon 28 Mar 2011 18:48
unwatchable crup good to see them lose even though they looked the better side
Killabee
24 Jan 2010

Posted Sat 02 Apr 2011 22:25

And...momentum is building!
Whilst we can't get carried away by these two results if we look at what the Hot Pies have done to the Powerless and the Roos, it brings it into a bit of perspective.
Having had a shorter break after a "hot & torrid" match last week, the Eaglets did fade a bit, but, obviously, Roos felt it harder against better Competition. It was heartening to see them steady when it was up for grabs and snatch a match which should have been buried by half time most likely.
Accuracy on goal is like a recurring nightmare for the past 8 seasons in particular. Fortunately, that is shared by others, but, is the difference in class.
GT
17 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 03 Apr 2011 09:38
As the season lengthens the Eagirls stride will shorten.

Good luck to their fans however ... not so much of it next week at Patty's Curse !
ferratuss

Posted Thu 21 Apr 2011 05:28
hi again
Killabee
24 Jan 2010

Posted Sun 22 May 2011 21:07
Well, keeping it in perspective considering the Bullies outs, I still think it is a fair call to say they are back. They are capable of beating at least 75% of the Teams going around. Pies next weekend, then the Kitties! We near rolled the Kitties at the "Curse" last year until Selwood was blindsided and Ablett cut loose, Moonbrain was lucky twice.
This year I believe they are a very good chance to roll the Poozies! Both Pies and Cats will be a good test and a better indication of how far along the West Coast really are!
KO
05 Dec 2008

Posted Wed 25 May 2011 16:17
Hey wanton I presume.
Getting excited about our team, but will waith till closer to the end of the year as I believe the game style will take it's toll by then. The constant pressure and run will mean we'll tail off at the end of the year. Finishing around 8th will still be a big ask.
Adrian.
13 Nov 2010

Posted Fri 27 May 2011 09:58
I reckon the Eagles are up and about..I think I was 1 year too early in saying they would crack the final 8 but this is lookin good for them.

If they can keep their injuries to an absolute minimum then they'll be ok..

Have always liked the WA style of footy and good to see it's back.
KO
05 Dec 2008

Posted Fri 27 May 2011 10:51
Don't know about a WA style of footy, I think we've modelled our style on the Pies, maybe Scotty Burns has a fair bit to do with our ressurgence?
GT
17 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 29 May 2011 10:21
G'day Burke . . . hoping you're ok KO.

Eagles are playing well, a surprise yes but not unhappy 'bout it.

See ya's in September mate.
KO
05 Dec 2008

Posted Sun 29 May 2011 18:49
Hey Al, all good thanks mate.

Not too unhappy with the boys today, but a good indication of whree we're at and not too much of a suprise, Cats and Pies a long way ahead of the pack.

The umpiring today was puzzling to say the least.
eth...

Posted Tue 31 May 2011 11:58

eagles are in for with dean cox ripping out the big guns
ferratuss

Posted Thu 07 Jul 2011 19:18
will be a big test for cats this week -eagles very hard to beat in the west.the cats have a #$%$ frd line that really needs to be improved.I would give harry taylor a run down there to see how he goes.could be two loses in a row-can,t remember when that last happened but if the can,t fix their second rate forward line it will happen a lot more!I the ferrat have spoken-now act on it now while you still have time.
aussieblonde_girl

Posted Sun 06 May 2012 22:14

Some of those sydney fans are a joke! haha here was i thinking they were classy people. lmao

I am sooooo proud to be an eagles surporter :) I know the boys dig deep and fight till the end. Great game today and I love that fact that our club has never used injuries as an excuse..we know they are there but we have amazing depth and have guys that can come in and know what their roles are. Keep fighting boys..we know you can do it and we are with you all the way. We believe!!!!

aussieblonde_girl

Posted Sun 06 May 2012 22:20

only 75%??? oh please!!! we are winning with stars missing...we have wonderful depth and boys that know how to play!!!......if we were full strength and hitting our straps.....well it is very scary to think of for the rest fo the teams
awesome for us!! :)

how good was Jacob Brennan today. I am sooo impressed. He is  a champion in the making. Now he will probaly stay in for adam selwood,
  goooooooooo eagles !!
John
16 Dec 2008

Posted Mon 07 May 2012 10:57
From what I have seen of the Eagles this year they run the risk as being nicknamed The Ducks with the amount of ducking they do. And the fact they have 40 more free kicks than any other team would indicate this is a tactic they are using to gain an advantage.
Tory B
09 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 01 Aug 2012 05:17
one would suggest   john knows nothing on football for 1 joel selwood has been doing it for years and no1 gave to houts eagles have 2 maybe 3 players who are getting free kicks for the same reason is hardly an advantage they are all small players and rarely get the free kicks near goal
maybe other teams should learn how to not be lazy and get lower on the smaller blokes to tackle them aye?

and another ting other teams should be affraid with the eagles at finals time because they will be almost full stretch
and they will be almost impossible to beat with an actual full side
we had 12 of our best 22 out against adelade and we came back against brisbane with just 2 mere players comming back into the side to me that says alot about a team who can come in and thrash another team by 100 points
col...

Posted Fri 17 Aug 2012 13:27
Name those 12 players?!
GT
17 Oct 2008

Posted Tue 21 Aug 2012 16:03
Interesting question ....

Can't wait to read the answer.
Wayne
19 Jun 2009

Posted Mon 27 Aug 2012 22:47

The E Girls have won their last game for season 2012, the Hawks will flog them and they must be wetting their frilly nickers at the thought of a home final against the Dockers after the 65 point flogging they copped 3 weeks ago...nah..seeya next year girls!
underarm_bowler
19 Apr 2009

Posted Mon 27 Aug 2012 23:19
swans are rubbish. cant beat hawthorn collingwood nor adelaide on their own dung heap. still cant win at the MCG. cats will demolish them
Tory B
09 Oct 2008

Posted Tue 28 Aug 2012 03:40
darren glass quintin lynch josh kennedy marc lecras matt rosa  marc nicoski andrew embley were all out from that dockers game alone? ur main full back ur main full forward and forward pockets out?
u expect eagles to win against a team who was full strength lol

and against adelaide i would need to scroll into the list of that round but it was 12 players look it up eagles best 22 and there list has been woeful
the game against collingwood was the best side eagles have FIELDED all year no1 can deny that they even stated it on the couch from foxtel if any1 bothers to watch any footy they would no atleast some basics
and no that adelaide and collingwood are the weekest teams in the 8
ForumsMarking the FootballEagles are BACK!!!
Sign in to post and view your settings
New User? Sign up

Top Rated

Most Discussed