Gold Coast say they have 'moved on' from Kurt Tippett and will not even contemplate selecting him in the pre-season draft if his negotiations with Sydney fall through.
Frustrated by trade talks with the newly-crowned premiers, Adelaide have threatened to delist their soon-to-be-former star and let him try his luck in the draft pool if a deal cannot be completed by the October 26 deadline.
The Suns have the number two pre-season selection and would therefore be in pole position to secure Tippett, who shocked the AFL world by seeking a move to the Swans and not to his home state of Queensland.
But in announcing the zone selection of 18-year-old key position player Clay Cameron, it appears Gold Coast are already planning for life without Tippett.
Football manager Marcus Ashcroft said the expansion side is no longer interested in the Southport product, under any circumstances.
Asked if the Suns were still keeping an eye on Tippett, he said: "No, we've moved on.
"His decision has been made. We respect that and we've moved on with what we need to do. We've got some priorities of our own to achieve."
Cameron, who stands at 191cm and 83kg, can play both forward and back and is likely to be blooded in next year's NAB Cup campaign.
He joins a host of other key position prospects at the Suns, including Sam Day, Tom Lynch, Sam May, Daniel Gorringe and Rory Thompson.
However, Ashcroft and the Coast coaching staff have plenty more work to do in this trade period.
The big play - finding a new home for want-away midfielder Josh Caddy - has been completed.
But now they must whittle down their list from 46 players to a streamlined 39, in order to make way for the minimum three selections at the draft, to be held on November 22 at Broadbeach, Gold Coast.
Then, depending on how the rest of trade week pans out, the Suns might still enter the market again to find another new face after securing Hawthorn's Tom Murphy last week.
"Now our objective is to look through the rest of what every other club could offer us potentially, and make a considered decision on where those balls might land," Ashcroft said.
"We still have two weeks to go. There has been a flurry of activity in the first week, so we've now got two weeks to sit back and take it all in.
Ashcroft also said that the club was closer to offering Hawks target Maverick Weller a new deal.
"There's still six to 10 players that are uncontracted for next year, so it's a balancing act of trying to work out exactly what our needs are for next year through the trade period," he said.
"Once we get to the latter part of that period, we'll know exactly where our list will fall, and guys like Maverick, we'll be able to make categorical decisions on them."