A woman has given explicit new details about lewd messages she claims to have received from stood down AFL star, Jonathon Patton.
Hawthorn have confirmed the AFL Integrity Unit is involved in the investigation into allegations of inappropriate sexual conduct on social media by the key forward.
'BEST NEWS THIS YEAR': Ex-coach Rhyce Shaw's brave AFL move
Patton, 27, has been absent from the Hawks' pre-season training this week after being stood down from all duties by the club.
The decision came after three women made public allegations of lewd behaviour by the 2011 No.1 draft pick.
Patton has vehemently denied the allegations against him, as reported by the Herald Sun.
One of the women who claims Patton sent her unsolicited text messages of a "sexual nature" that were "never reciprocated", spoke with Channel Nine about her alleged interactions with the player.
Elle Coonan claims among other things that Patton sent her photos of himself exposed in bed and says he asked her to travel from Brisbane to Melbourne in the middle of the COVID-19 lockdown so that they could meet up.
“From the get-go he was talking to me in such a sexual nature that I never reciprocated — he would send me photos of him in bed exposed," she told Nine News, adding that she made it "really clear that I didn’t want that from him”.
Coonan told the Daily Mail that she "didn’t sleep for over 40 hours" after going public with her allegations against Patton, whom she claims "wanted to see me in heels and kiss my feet".
“At times I regretted coming forward and wished I kept my mouth shut … but I know I did the right thing," she said.
Coonan says she met Patton in June last year and exchanged numbers with him, but never intended for their interactions to become sexual in nature.
“Even though we exchanged numbers, this was done so under the guise that he would speak to me respectfully,” she said.
“It was not an invitation for him to gratify himself sexually to my discomfort.”
Claims made against Patton from two other women
Two other women have also come out and made similar allegations against Patton, including Jacqueline Kearton, who told Seven News that the AFL player allegedly sent her unwanted photos and videos via social media.
“He just needs to be made an example of so these young guys who are coming up and looking at these older players think they’d better not do that sort of stuff," she told Seven.
“Unfortunately it’s not something that’s uncommon but it makes you feel uncomfortable.”
Hawthorn CEO Justin Reeves addressed the matter in a letter to members posted on the club's website, in which he confirmed the AFL's direct involvement in the investigation.
— Hawthorn FC (@HawthornFC) January 12, 2021
"This is a difficult time for all involved and it is important our club ensures that Jonathon receives the support he requires during this period," Reeves said.
"We take this matter very seriously and our Integrity Committee is working in conjunction with the AFL's Integrity Unit to undertake the investigation into these complaints within the framework of the AFL's Respect and Responsibility Policy.
"We anticipate this process will take some time and we will provide a further update when more information is available."
The probe into Patton's behaviour was launched last weekend in response to a separate woman's allegations, before two more women came forward with similar claims.
"The complaints made are of behaviour that does not reflect the values of our club," Reeves said.
"We are a club that is proud of our family values and we strive to exemplify them across every element of our club.
"Hawthorn actively promotes and advocates for both respect and equality for all and we demand this standard from all involved with the club."
Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.