1. '''Can Des Hasler make coaching history?''' If the Bulldogs can beat the Storm in Sunday's NRL decider the former Manly mentor will become the first coach to win consecutive first-grade premierships with different clubs. It's been a dramatic transformation for the minor premiers under Hasler after missing the finals in the previous two seasons. No matter what goes down at ANZ Stadium, the mad scientist of the coaching ranks has proven he belongs in the same conversation as Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy.
2. '''Can Bellamy win a premiership with a legal team?''' The Storm were stripped of their '07 and '09 titles for rorting the salary cap. The former NSW mentor has since assembled a rag-tag bunch of journeymen around the big three Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk and is one victory away from proving his coaching credentials beyond any doubt.
3. '''Does big game experience still beat youthful enthusiasm?''' They may not have won an official premiership but Melbourne's big three have won two grand finals and excelled on the biggest stage of all State of Origin. The Bulldogs are young and have consistently proven their doubters wrong, but can they do it in the biggest game of the year against the Storm?
4. '''Has Ben Barba overtaken Slater on the full-back pecking order?''' Barba, the Dally M medallist, has set the competition alight this season, but who will shine brightest on the big day? Slater is reportedly suffering from a virus but the old dog will no doubt be desperate to show the young pup he's still the 'benchmark' No.1 in the game.
5. '''Will predictions the premiership will be decided by a dodgy refereeing decision ring true?''' The whistle blowers have caused more negative headlines than Todd Carney in his heyday this season. Ben Cummins and Tony Archer will control the game while Chris Ward and Shayne Hayne are the video refs. Don't stuff it up lads.