SNAPSHOT OF A-LEAGUE ROUND 25
* STAT THAT MATTERS - Sydney FC have become the first club in A-League history to win back-to-back Premiers' Plates, beating Perth 3-2 to take an unassailable competition lead with two regular season rounds remaining.
* THEY SAID IT - "It was an interesting night, wasn't it? I'm used to entertaining here but that took things to a new level tonight" - Melbourne Victory coach Kevin Muscat on the VAR drama and send off of Kosta Barbarouses and Western Sydney's Michael Thwaite.
* MAN OF THE ROUND - Newcastle left back Ivan Vujica might have nightmares about Daniel Arzani this week. The 19-year-old Melbourne City attacker was superb particularly in the first half, constantly beating first and second defenders while threatening with his passing game.
* MILESTONE - A brace by Sydney FC striker Bobo was enough to see the Brazilian set a new record for goals scored in a season, overtaking Melbourne City's Bruno Fornaroli (23) two seasons ago.
* UNDER PRESSURE - Newcastle will head into the finals as the second seed but their form is questionable with two games remaining. After losing 5-2 to Adelaide United, the Jets lost 3-0 at home to Melbourne City.
* CONTROVERSY CORNER - Brisbane had a shout for a penalty waved away when Central Coast defender Kye Rowles appeared to handle, prompting Roar coach John Aloisi to remonstrate with officials at halftime.
* CLANGER - Veteran Wanderers defender Michael Thwaite had a night to forget, botching a backpass then taking down the Victory's Rhys Williams at the ensuing corner. Thwaite saw red and the victorious Victory took the lead from the penalty spot.
* SAFE HANDS - Brisbane have Jamie Young to thank for much of their climb into the top six and the gloveman stood up again when needed in the 1-0 win over the Mariners, keeping out their best chance with a point-blank save on Connor Pain.